Sign in to follow this  

Universities in Germany

I would [u][b]like[/b][/u] to study in a university in Germany, but I'm not too sure about the distinctions between them. The one uni that really stands out for me is the Universitat Bonn, especially as it runs some English courses for exchange students, but would I be better off moving a bit more to the central part of Germany, such as Berlin? Perhaps some Germans out there can let me know, and I would appreciate it. :angry:

Hey!
I lived in Germany for 14 years (now living in Hong Kong China...) and I think that Universitat Bonn (University of Bonn) is usually considered the best university in Germany...! Munich University is also very prestigious in terms of teaching excellence etc. (my dad always rants on about how i should apply there)
There are also some American universities in Germany... like the American University of Heidelburg or something like that!
But pretty much Bonn is the one everyone in germany seems to rave on about!

Whatever you do- do not go to Universitat zu Koln- its really crappy... ive been, the campus is nice but its very military like i found and the class sizes are very big and its not a very good university anyways, even though the campus is nice!!
Hope that helped a bit!

[quote name='deissi' post='17133' date='May 24 2008, 07:34 PM']I heard you need at least one HL science to study in Germany - is this only a rumor?[/quote]

Nope, it's true. Either a science or math at HL.