Has IBSurvival.com helped you?

Graeme

Some of you have just finished the May 2008 exams, and we want to congratulate you on finishing what I would say is the hardest academic experience you are going to have to go through, at least in terms of workload.

Obviously I hope most of you will be going to University within the next two years, and I'm sure you'll see that University is far less work (amount of work) than the IB. Although the IB was stressful and annoying, you'll see that many of the skills that you learnt throughout the IB will make University so much easier.. Research.. Referencing.. Doing your OWN work, etc. All these things make University life so much easier.

Anyway, for those of you that are done with the IB, it would be nice if you could let us know how/if IB survival.com helped you throughout your course. What was the most helpful thing you got here? Why? Just a few words would be nice :P .

Other than that, get back to partying! :)

Well, for me, I found all the little gifts one receives upon becoming VIP very useful.

Especially those history notes... mostly because that was my worst subject.

It was also nice being able to look over past labs or essays to get a feel for what mine should be like or how to even go about it.

Academics aside, it also helped me meet other IB students.

It was also a great procrastination outlet too haha.

Academics aside, it also helped me meet other IB students.

It was also a great procrastination outlet too haha.

i have to agree with what ashika said above. but it was very helpful to submit my art essay, and to have elsa read it over. that was a really big help.

Guess it's not so super secret anymore. :)

I like this site a lot, and I hope to be of some help for my fellow candidates. The number of forums we have is rather intimidating though!

Oh, and needless to say, those syllabi are life-savers.

Edited by Mr. Shiver

The forum has helped immensely. Especially at the time of the Maths portfolio when I did get a sample portfolio. Even tho I didn't do so well on that one, I feel that it aided me a lot in structuring the portfolio.

The special features of the VIP subforum are especially helpful at the time of need, and I'll be sure to keep on updating it.

I've only used IB Survival for IB syllabus since I am not officially in the IB program yet. I know that when I do need to check online, IB Survival is the first place I will check. I used to check IB Screwed but it's completely f***ed up, I can't find anything, it's so disorganized... (well last time I checked it, which was ages ago). My only concern though is that I don't know how to really contribute to this website for VIP access if I am not officially in the IB. Maybe you could have some ideas of what you want from your members?

My only concern though is that I don't know how to really contribute to this website for VIP access if I am not officially in the IB. Maybe you could have some ideas of what you want from your members?

Just keep posting. If you don't know already, you automatically receive V.I.P. status after 50 non-spam posts. Try starting some threads in the "General Discussion" forum.

Oops. Wish I had known about the 50 posts thing- I generally haven't bothered to post unless I feel like I really have something to add (bad idea) and the VIP stuff sounds really useful. IB Survival is good even without VIP status, though, and the page of revision links was a great aid for studying. It's nice to have all this info in one place, since before I found this site I had to spend hours searching for all the info. I officially love this site! :)

• 1 month later...

Wow! IB Survival has helped me tonnes!! Im only about a quarter way through the IB, and have only just joined IBS but it really is wuite helpfull already.

Without it i never would have been able to get in touch with sooo many other IB students from all around the world!! I know that the IB is meant to be international, but IBS is the only actually international contact that i've had in the course with other IB students. It's amazing that ive been revieving and giving advice to and form other students that are going through, or have already gone through, the same ordeal as i am.

Thanks a tonne

Definitely agree with everyone that the VIP features helped me a ton! My teachers weren't very good with giving out example IAs and such, so it was really, really helpful to see what sort of work the IB graders were expecting -- especially in History, since I got the least amount of instruction on IAs in that class.

I'll probably be contributing some of my better IAs too, now that I'm done (woo!)... But I wanted to wait first and see how they were actually scored

It's also been really great meeting students from literally all over the world - really brings the international aspect of IB home.

I agree with BBiswatching... it's great to connect to everyone from around the world.

Also, just reading various threads have helped me to truly understand exactly how everything in IB works, the way we're scored, what we need to know, etc. Our teachers don't tell us a whole lot, they just assume we know.

I don't know if you can find the syllabi anywhere else on the web, but I've definately used the ones that are posted on here numerous times; they help me focus as I'm reteaching myself things that I didn't learn during the year... and I've realized that my History teacher got us ready for paper 3 entirely wrong, so I've been reviewing with a focus on what i need to know for the test.

• 4 weeks later...

This forum has helped me indefinitely and I hope that my contributions will help others as much as past contributions helped me :read:

The most important thing was definitely being able to communicate with past IB students and to view and analyse marked work. Without it I doubt I would've done as well. The only thing I wish we had is a team of IB Examiners to answer those really difficult questions and mark our practice exams!

IBS really helped me out with world lits and the Econ HL notes (my eco teachers were crappy and new..had no idea what was in the IB syllabus -.-).

I only discovered this place in Feb 2008 and I'm a May 2008. Definitely wish I had joined earlier so I could've seen samples of other IAs besides world lits.

And indirectly, it's helped my friends too, since once I saw some samples and figured out what was expected of us, I could relay that info to them haha. Oh yes, and the past papers were tremendously helpful when studying for exams, of course.

Edited by __inthemaking