Group 1 EE. Sylvia Plath Ideas, Please?

overduex

my EE will be in Group1, English.
I think I want to write about Sylvia Plath, but I'm not sure.
I wanted to write about the language used in her poems... I can't think of a more specific topic... that can actually be an argument..
Does anyone have ideas as to what I can write about concerning her?
Or any ideas in general, about group 1 essays?

Thank you, your help is extrememly appreciated!
-A.

well you could pick out some specific poem, and write about the language and how it realtes to somethign else such as the theme of her poems or how they can be seen as autobiographical ("Daddy" and "Medusa"). you could probly get away with a comparisions too. you just need to support you ideas with that of literary critics and such.

i started out my EE as a comparison of Kafka's "The Metamophasis" and Golding's "Lord of the Flies" and the symbolism is them and the realtions to the theme but (much to my surprise) i wasn't able to find much information on Kafka as i had expected in the places that i was looking, so i ended up just wrting on how the symbolism in "The Lord of the Flies" relateed to three of the theme's that Golding presents in his novel through about 5 to 6 different symbols.

Edited by IBStuck

You're at a good place to start, I would just start reading her poems and keep formulating ideas. Eventually you will strike on something original you would not have thought of at first, and then deepen your ideas into something more specific. My essay was a comparison and I took a very winding path in deciding what I wanted to do with it, but it all worked out in the end. With Group 1 essays, I would just start with a particular author or type of work, like you have, and then let the particular topic come out as you go.