ESS Exam?

cgreico

Hello!

So my ESS teacher went on a pregnancy leave last month and we have no clue what to do for the exam. (my IB DP buddies and I are wiggin' out!) Can someone tell me how the exam is set up? The only thing I know is that part of it is a case-study, but even so I don't know what that entails.

Thank you so much! And if any of you have any good links to good reviews that would be EXTREMELY helpful! Thank you!!

I'm similarly freaking out! Not because my teacher took a pregnancy leave but because he decided to leave off the last few units "as they are easy to BS"....ahh! I just took mocks however so I have an idea of how the test is laid out.

Paper 1 is the first day, an hour long. Its short questions like the practice questions in the textbook; usually asking to interpret graphs and charts etc, most questions being around 1-5 points. Paper 2 is 2 hours long and it's a case study + 2 free response questions. The case study gives you a resource booklet and you just answer questions based off a bunch of info about an ecosystem they give you. The free response gives you 5 questions, each with an a, b, and c, and you have to answer 2. Both worth 20 points. They're pretty evaluate-y and require a deeper understanding other than basic facts...these are what terrify me.

That's how my mocks were, anyways, and I hope I helped!