What is IB?

Lan

my school is just qualified for Ib, so my class is the first class for Ib. can somebody please explain to me how they would score on each different HL and SL tests, and i need how many points to get the Ib diploma? thanks

[quote name='Lan' post='17127' date='May 24 2008, 05:20 PM']my school is just qualified for Ib, so my class is the first class for Ib. can somebody please explain to me how they would score on each different HL and SL tests, and i need how many points to get the Ib diploma? thanks[/quote]

You need 24 [?] points to receive an IB diploma, however I do not really understand your question about the tests..

Mmm. More clarification on the test bit, please.

And here's some info you probably knew already: maximum overall score is 45; maximum subject score is 7, and a fail in a subject is a 2 or below. If you fail any single subject, or don't complete CAS, you don't receive a diploma.

IB is challenging, but a good choice in the long run (if you're up for it).

Guest Lily Bean

you need a total of 24 points to get the diploma, but along with these conditions:
12+ points at HL
9+ points at SL
No HL can get a 2
No SL can get a 1
No more than 2 grades 2 (so you can't get two 2s in 2 SL subjects)

There's a whole host of other conditions somewhere, including those about CAS, EE etc.

Scoring for SL and HL are just different in that the mark boundaries for SL is a little lower and they expect a little less at SL.