Econ HL Paper 1 Tomorrow - How much to write

Ok, so for Paper 1 we have 1hr30 mins and doing writing 4 essays in that time is kind of tough for me :/

Usually when i practice i guess I write much more than i would do under exams conditions

E,g, for the 10 mark question, I would write about a page (double sided) and a half

and for the 15 mark ques, I would write about 2 pages (double sided)

I've never been told by my econ teacher how much IB expects a student to write during an exam on Paper 1

any of you have any ideas of how much is expect of us??

Thanks in advance

Take a look at this: I just found it online and it is a great webpage explaining the structure that should be used for Economics Paper 1s. http://www.timwoods.org/2012/12/18/how-to-structure-your-economics-essay/

I would say that 2-3 pages (single-sided) should be enough for part a-questions and 3-4 pages (single-sided) enough for part b-questions. But, don't worry too much about how long your answer is - it is more important that you manage to cover the concepts that you need to cover concisely and clearly! Good luck tomorrow!

@zozza1: Three paragraphs are very relative. It doesn't really tell anything about how much you write. Big letters? Long paragraphs? Three sentences in each paragraph?

It all depends on how much content you manage to cover in the pages. You should not confine yourself to a certain amount of pages, but rather making sure that you cover everything that seems relevant to the question.

Edited by dniviE

Really?! I almost exclusively write at most 1.5 pages for part A. But my diagrams are about a quarter of the page, and they're on the left of the page, so I also write next to the diagram (helps the examiner when you're explaining the diagram).

Part B at most 2.5 pages.