English A1 Paper 2 - Death of a Salesman anyone?

missbakare

Death of a Salesman, along with Pygmalion and Othello, are the Dramas I've studied for Paper 2 (which is in two days time :surrender: ) but I cannot seem to pick out relevant quotations from Death of a Salesman. I've used Shmoop and Sparknotes but they are useless to me. Does anyone have any theme related quotations, or even ones that can be applied to pretty much any essay question?

Edited by missbakare

I am studying Death of a Salesman too, and the quotes I have collated for the exams are quotes that support any dramatic devices or literary techniques. For example, anything to do with stage directions (dramatic device), setting, staging you will be able to find in the first pages. The one I remember is "angry glow of orange" for the atmosphere and feel of the play. I also remember the phrase "Oh boy oh boy" for Willy's tired character, which is also present in the first page of the play. Other significant quotes should be the opening and closing of each Act - as well as dramatic exits and entrances where the greatest exit would be Willy's unfortunate suicide at the end where the music falls to a dramatic end and acts as a transition into the requiem.

I hope I made sense, but really just look for thing to relate to: light, sound, setting, timing, characterisation and many more dramatic conventions I can't think of right now LOL

• Like 1