the aftermath...

Guest julz_90

Guest julz_90

hey 'mayers'!!!

so first of all: congratulations to everyone, we made it :):):):):)

so how do you feel about it? any overall impression? are you satisfied? what results are you estimating/expecting/hoping for???

and what are you doing now? holidays or school???

can't wait for july 5th, I'm so curious! :)

Guest julz_90
I actually to amazing about how I did and how well I managed to get through them without a whole lot of stress and panicking, though I think listening to music helped a lot. :P

All the exams were really easy, except for french B SL paper 1, I found the texts more diffficult than usual.

Overall, I expect between 41 and 44 depending on how things go:

Chem HL: 7 for sure

Math SL: 7 for sure

Physics HL: 7 for sure

History HL: 6 likely, 7 if I'm lucky

English A1 HL: probably 6, again 7 if lucky

French B SL: 6 pretty much for sure

Bonus: predicted 2, potential for 3 (both were predicted as high B's, though TOK was assessed afterwards by my teacher as a low A, so hopefully one of them will end up an A and I ca scrape off the 3 marks instead of 2)

That's what I expect to see in July. Any lower and I might just cry, or at least be really angry and break things, ha ha. :P

well, that's great! congrats for now, and I hope I can repeat the same thing in July... so keep us posted :D

I also think I did quite well, and wasn't stressed at all... actually, after the maths paper 1 went so well I had the feeling IB was over already, although I still had 12 more papers left ;)

I find it quite difficult to predict the results as we didn't do mock exams for all subjects and I didn't get predicted grades either, but the following could be realistic:

math HL 5

german A1 HL 6

english A2 HL 6

biology SL 6

geography SL 6

latin SL 7

EE and ToK 2

that would make 38 :P could be less ;) and if I'm lucky, 40 would be just great !!! :P

Chem HL: 6, possible 7

English A1 HL: 6, possible 5

Bio SL: 7

Econ HL: 4, possible 5

TOK + EE: 3

Math SL: 7 (took this last year)

French B SL: 6 (took this last year)

I'm lowballing all of my predictions except for econ (I'm dead serious when I say that I believe I failed...). Overall I guess I'm expecting 38-41, depending on how it goes. Hopefully I get the 41 since that's what I was predicted and I don't want to get anything lower :\.

I still have to go to school 3 days of the week, the other 2 days I just skip and my friends and I go out haha. Actually we're going out tomorrow to the theme park!

well i know everyone who finished here are RELIEVED... now they're getting drunk and partying... we just had a party last week and they burned all their IB notes around the bonfire.. I can't wait until it's my turn ;)

we did that. but we also were picky about the notes that we burned. like i am going to minor in spanish so i kept all of my spansh notes.

Oiii...I'm pretty sure I got a 4 in math (I'm praying for a 5...we'll see how that goes), but other than that I think got some solid 5s, 6s, and maybe a 7.

Just relaxing so far! And...how interesting...we had a bonfire as well! (I was one of the few that burn my notes though, did anyone else have to read "Goodbye to All That" or "Tess of the D'Ubervilles"? Those were the first to go through the fire...)