A Major Problem.

Just to let you know, that while they only look at your final IB score out of 45 in Australia and the conversion isnt bad, it doesnt mean i can freak out!

Do any of you doing Hindi, have any past exam papers that you wouldnt mind sharing with me? Im doing Hindi B, SL.

I did get some, from 2005 so we could swap if you want :)

Everyone is pretty calm, even the IB teachers, about our group getting into the unis of our choice in Australia because of this factor. In fact most people are quite chilled out and aiming for 33+ coz they feel ATAR scores would be quite easy to obtain. Don't know, I personally still am kinda very nervous anyways :)

I think you mean to say "it doesn't mean I CANNOT freak out"- it would make more sense :)

Google free exam papers- there are hindi B papers for 2005, 2006, 2007

If you're so desperate, try torrents, you always get past IB stuff there!

I thought that the syllabus of Hindi has completely changed and so there won't be a question paper.

The syllabus of ALL language Bs have changed, we still do past papers, but they havent changed completely. Well that's what I know for French.

• Like 1

Just to let you know, that while they only look at your final IB score out of 45 in Australia and the conversion isnt bad, it doesnt mean i can freak out!

Do any of you doing Hindi, have any past exam papers that you wouldnt mind sharing with me? Im doing Hindi B, SL.

Everyone is pretty calm, even the IB teachers, about our group getting into the unis of our choice in Australia because of this factor. In fact most people are quite chilled out and aiming for 33+ coz they feel ATAR scores would be quite easy to obtain. Don't know, I personally still am kinda very nervous anyways :)

I think you mean to say "it doesn't mean I CANNOT freak out"- it would make more sense :)

I thought that the syllabus of Hindi has completely changed and so there won't be a question paper.

Has it changed? Oh damn... well that helps (note sarcasm). I was feeling awesome looking at the past papers... do you know what they have changed? Our teacher knows nothing -_- and isnt getting any support from teachers anywhere else in the world either

Has it changed? Oh damn... well that helps (note sarcasm). I was feeling awesome looking at the past papers... do you know what they have changed? Our teacher knows nothing -_- and isnt getting any support from teachers anywhere else in the world either

Well our Hindi sir gives questions from newspaper and IB Hindi book. Anyway the main focus is to analyse and answer the question quickly with a time. No past papers, nothing.

Well our Hindi sir gives questions from newspaper and IB Hindi book. Anyway the main focus is to analyse and answer the question quickly with a time. No past papers, nothing.

Could you tell me the name of the book and the author? That would help so much...i didnt even know that there was a Hindi IB language B book!

• 6 years later...
On 5/6/2013 at 7:25 PM, Arrowhead said:

Are you planning to apply for university abroad or in India?

In India, it really comes down to your total IB score so a 4 in Physics HL will be problematic, I would assume. The Indian universities only care about individual subject choices when you are applying for specific courses such as Medicine, for which you will compulsorily need Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Maths at HL. For BCom, you just need a high IB score. At least, that is what my sister went through when she applied with IB scores to the University of Mumbai for a BMM.

If you plan on applying to the UK, it would make things a little more complicated. For starters, a lot of the top universities would be closed off to you because a minimum of a 6 is required in all your Higher Level subjects.

For the US, it won't be too problematic. But again it depends on which tier of universities you are looking at.

if u don't mind did ur sister study abroad after completing her BMM in India?