The Music Thread

Mr. Shiver

Well I have to agree that I haven't yet found someone that shares my music taste. These are my favorite artists in order of genre. If anyone likes all or near all the artists in any one genre, please pm me and give me any similar artists you can think of. Also include their best songs.

Altern:

Coldplay: Recent Album and the one before that, mostly.

Bloc Party: Sunday, 2 more years, the prayer, Helicopter.

Travis: My eyes

The Verve:

Altern-Rock:

Incubus: Lover hurts, admiration, Dig, Souther Girls, and I'd pass of some other songs as worth hearing.

Alkaline Trio:

We are Scientists:

Anberlin

Armor for sleep

The Mars Volta:

30 Seconds to Mars:

Our Lady Peace

The Editors: Racing Rats, An end has a start.

Interpol:

Lost Prophets:

Rock:

Muse: (Can't go wrong here), Ablums: Blackholes and revelations, Showbiz, Origins of Symmetry.

Beck:

Revis:

Radiohead:

Limp Bizkit:

Three Days Grace:

Three Doors Down:

The Used:

Pure Ambient/Instrumental:

Mogwai: A lot of their songs are used on Discovery, Auto Rock and "I Know you are but what am I?" are their main ones.

Explosions in the Sky: Magic hours and some others.

Boards of Canada: They're a little old now.

X-ray Dogs: They do a lot of movie themes.

Industrial/Rock:

A Perfect Circle:

Celldweller:

Punk/Rock

A Change of Pace:

Skillet:

Trapt:

Gothic'ish:

Evanescence:

Within Temptation:

Scarling

Other:

John Frusciante

Rob Zombie: A scorpion sleeps.

There are a few more, but writing this list gave me a headache. Like I said before, if you like or are familiar with a lot of this, get in touch with me.

Edited by EconSurvivor

A life with out music is a hollow life, or at least so I've experienced. No new music in 4 months and I can't just get into a zen mood anymore. Will someone please give me some good Rock/altern groups, i've exhausted the genre with my some 10,000 songs, i expect.

By the way, who are some good spanish artists? If you know other great foreign groups i'll happily look into them.

• 5 weeks later...
Any of you like japanese artists like Uverworld, Kotoko and Hirano Aya?

UVERworld is so awesome! ^o^ And Gazette along with Alice Nine and L'Arc en Ciel. I'm a big Utada Hikaru and Ayumi Hamasaki fan too. :blush:

Hmm... I seem to be more in love with non-western music (except for Josh Groban, Celine Dion, and Chris Brown) nowadays... American oldies (60s-90s) are lovables. =3 I know more songs from the 80s than today's music. XP Such a loser.

MGMT, Tegan and Sara, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Frou Frou, SoKo, Tokyo Police Club, Artic Monkeys, Plastic Tree, Alice Nine, Frankmusik.

that is it, I also like alot of the older stuff like Jimi Hendrix, The Clash, The Sounds, The Cure, Klaxons et cetera.

You can win me over quickly if you have any of that stuff on your ipod and let me borrow it.

• 2 weeks later...

Music definitely does NOT help me during study - I tend to get distracted and suffer a headache when I'm listening to it while studying. Also I somehow feel more tired when I'm listening to music, so I tend to turn it off when I'm studying.

I listen to English, Japanese and Korean songs (sometimes French too): Let me list them......

English: Linkin Park, MCR, Sum41, Eminem and......er......can't really remember anymore. Haven't been listening to English songs lately. Oh, I listen to musicals like Phantom of the Opera or Les Miserable as well.

Korean: Epik High, Shinhwa and that's about it. There're various other artists who I have only one or two songs of.

Japanese: Mainly anime music, like God Knows (this is sung by Hirano Aya from what I know), SATSUGAI (DMC), and I like Vocaloid stuff such as Love is war. I'm guessing you guys wouldn't know much about these stuff so I'll skip :( I also like the Gazette, Kagrra and Miyavi and I'm starting to like Dir en Grey. I also like Hamasaki Ayumi's "Talkin' 2 Myself".

Others: I listen to French musical songs (Romeo et Juliette) and sometimes Jazz music (Eddie Higgins) or classic, maybe even crossover.

Yeah I'm heavily into rock :) and maybe metal as well, but I like every genre of music in general.