I need help with some knowledge issues with a RLS i have

Hi guys, please can i have some help. I have chosen a real life situation, http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22455559. I came up with the idea of globalisation 'affecting' cultural individuality and i was going to focus on that, but it doesn't sound like a "Knowledge Issue" so i have gone back to the drawing board and found a issue about the definition of "culture" but that wont work because all i need is a dictionary.

Please can people help me and give me ideas? I don't want to be told answers but i want to have some food for thought so it is actually me doing work on researching topic.

Any help appreciated

Tony

I know this might be similar to what you have already, but this might help:

some of the issues I would see with this would be if beauty is universal, have cultures become "polluted" by other cultures, questioning sense perception as a reliable way of knowing as it may be biased based on cultural values and if it can ever be objective.

I hope that helps :)

Edited by kesha
  • Like 1

Thank you or your help,I went choose the idea of beauty being a cultural construct or a universal constant or purely a universal concept to which we assign our "rating" of objects.

Our class has gotten off timetable today preparing for the TOK oral presentation I have already looked through TOK text books for some info I can use, today I will be making presentation.