Some suggestions regarding technical matters

alefal

Hey there!

As the title says, here are some suggestions regarding the more technical matters on this forum.

1. Notifications about messages which has been seen, but marked as 'unread'

When I don't have time to respond to messages in the private messenger, I often read through them and later mark them as 'unread.' What I have noted is that not much really happens when I do so. The title of the message is converted into bold letters in the 'my conversations' page, but there are, for instance, no notifications indicating to me that I have such a message on the letter symbol at the top of the page. It seems like the notification only counts completely new messages, and fails to recognise other messages that are marked as 'unread.' Would it be possible to add the messages marked as 'unread' to the count of 'new messages,' so that I am also notified about these messages?

I believe most people who actively use the PM system would find this useful, as it is sometimes hard to remember to reply to messages when you're not really notified about them.

2. Move 'sorting' and 'action' tools to the top of the 'my conversations' page

When I mark messages as 'unread,' I have to scroll all the way to the bottom in order to do so in the drop down menu in the lower right side of the page. However, when I want to mark messages as 'unread,' they are usually completely new, and is therefore on the top. Is it possible to add the drop down menu to the top too, for the sake of simplicity? The same goes for the sorting alternatives, as they are found in the lower left side of the page only, but I must admit I haven't used that function as of yet.

3. Shoutbox 'I'm back' button does not work in Opera

The shoutbox button saying 'I'm back' does not work in the Opera internet browser. As a fan of this browser, it annoys me that I can't just click the button in order to see the latest messages in the shoutbox, and that I have to refresh the whole page instead. It works fine in other browsers, though, such as Chrome. Could this be looked at?

4. Message title too long, but still sent

Sometimes, when I attempt to send a message to a user, I am told by a pop-up message that the title is too long (I think the cap was at 40 characters, and my message title was at 69 characters long last time), but the message is still sent to the user. This might be something you want to look into (either by removing the limitation or making sure the message is not sent in the first place).

- Alex

• Like 2