Hey guys, there is a lot of confusion out here regarding 24-28 points, the requirement of 12 points in HL etc. The IB released this document last year, for use from FIRST EXAMINATIONS MAY 2015 (Diploma students only, I think). This is straight from there:
From the May 2015 examination session
From the May 2015 session the following failing conditions and associated codes will replace those in current use.
1. CAS requirements have not been met.
2. Candidateâ€™s total points are fewer than 24.
3. An N has been given for theory of knowledge, extended essay or for a contributing subject.
4. A grade E has been awarded for one or both of theory of knowledge and the extended essay.
5. There is a grade 1 awarded in a subject/level.
6. Grade 2 has been awarded three or more times (HL or SL).
7. Grade 3 or below has been awarded four or more times (HL or SL).
8. Candidate has gained fewer than 12 points on HL subjects (for candidates who register for four HL subjects, the three highest grades count).
9. Candidate has gained fewer than 9 points on SL subjects (candidates who register for two SL subjects must gain at least 5 points at SL).
If you're worried about authenticity, please PM me with your email ID and I will email the original pdf to you.