List of IB failing/passing conditions

Does anyone know if you can get your diploma if you dont finish CAS? I mean what if you do a full 150 but there's more of service and less of creative? But you got close?

CAS is required to get the diploma, but your school will decide if you have completed CAS or not. Sometimes it gets moderated, but I don't think this happens too often. Some schools set a requirement of 150 hours with 50 of each area, others a reasonable balance between the three (meaning like 60 of service, 50 of action, and 40 of creativity would be OK). You need to check with your school specifically. If they feel you didn't finish CAS, you won't receive your diploma.

• Like 2

Does anyone know if you can get your diploma if you dont finish CAS? I mean what if you do a full 150 but there's more of service and less of creative? But you got close?

CAS is required to get the diploma, but your school will decide if you have completed CAS or not. Sometimes it gets moderated, but I don't think this happens too often. Some schools set a requirement of 150 hours with 50 of each area, others a reasonable balance between the three (meaning like 60 of service, 50 of action, and 40 of creativity would be OK). You need to check with your school specifically. If they feel you didn't finish CAS, you won't receive your diploma.

Alright thank you so much! I'll ask about that! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Can anyone tell me the chat of extra points that I can earn through EE and TOK? Like A in one and A in other I get +3. And also how does the grade in ToK Essay and presentation get converted into A, B, C etc? Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

A quick google search yields this chart. Simply find the combination of your EE grade and TOK grade, and you will see how many points you will get. N = no diploma awarded.

IB%20Assessment%20Matrix.jpg

TOK has its own grade boundaries marked out of 60 points, 20 of which come from the presentation and 40 of which come from the essay. You can look these up, they don't vary too much from year to year. It's usually about 19 points to get a D, and the other boundaries go from there.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey guys
I have one quick question : If I am just taking 2 IB courses (lets say  HL Math and HL Chem ) and get like a 2 on Math, would I still get a certificate ? I mean, would that count as a failed subject ?

• 3 months later...

Hey guys

I have one quick question : If I am just taking 2 IB courses (lets say  HL Math and HL Chem ) and get like a 2 on Math, would I still get a certificate ? I mean, would that count as a failed subject ?

If you get a 2 on Math HL, that would count as failing. I'm not sure whether you still get a certificate, but it wouldn't be worth much if you didn't pass the exam. You could, however, still get a certificate for Chem HL, providing you passed that course ^_^

Edited by Sofia Karlsson

• kw0573 locked this topic