"Must-have" books for IB Exams

Nizam

I'm gonna start IB programme this year and I am wondering if you suggest me study books for getting ready to IB exams(apart from past year exams, im gonna have them soon). I know there are plenty of IB Books on online shopping sites but I need some specific information from an experienced IB student. By the way, these are the subjects that I'm gonna study :teehee:

English, Maths HL

Biology, Chemistry, Physics SL

As AWB said, it's not necessary to get good grades. The books the school provides should be more than enough, and if you take proper notes (and, more importantly, avoid too much procrastination) you should be able to see 6s and 7s in no time. I'd use the money on other things instead, you'll probably need some ring binders and stuff to keep your notes organised, for instance. You will get ready for the exams throughout the one and a half years you're doing the IB.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd suggest though, if your school doesn't offer the Math HL Pearson Baccalaureate book, you should get it, because it is a very good and well explained Math book, much better than the Oxford one that my school supplies. Even my teacher agrees with that. And from what I can see, you're planning on taking IB certificate, yes? because you definitely couldn't take all 3 sciences in the Full IB Diploma.

I wish you the greatest of luck i beginning IB

You don't need to buy any extra books. Save your money XD but you could try getting revision guides, for maths, chem, bio, and physics. Or you could use additional books, to just clear whatever concepts you're not sure about once you're done with the syllabus. You should be able to get these from your school library actually.