Math Studies or Methods SL?

mdabella

These are my IB subjects for next school year:

Eng Lit/A1 HL

Spanish HL

Art HL

Physics SL

Math Methods/Studies SL?

I really want to do Architecture in university, but I'm not sure between Math Methods and Studies. Given that my foundation in Math is not as solid, I'm hesitant towards Methods but I might just fail that class. On the other hand I did Math Studies in 10th grade and got an A-, but barely passed standards.... What IB Math subject is more acceptable, especially if I want to do something along Architecture/Interior design course? Is it really better to do good in Math Studies (like get a 6+) or do Math Methods and get 4 or 5?

Thank you for your help!

A friend of mine did basically the exact same subjects as you except took Spanish B at SL and Maths Studies and she got an offer to Architecture at 3 universities and interior design at 1 :) you'll be fine doing studies for MOST UK universities (except Bath which require Maths HL)

I would say that it is important to challenge yourself as much as you can. Universities like to see that. I would suggest for you to take Math Methods SL (which is now just called Maths SL). If you study hard enough, I think that you'll do great! My sophomore year I took the first year of Maths SL and I didn't find it too challenging, although math is one of my stronger subjects. I would say that the material isn't unbearable and can be learned and studied. Kids that don't except at math in my class did okay. But ultimately, it is your decision and it needs to be one that you feel confident in. Good luck! If you have any questions about Maths SL (Math Methods SL) I would be happy to answer them! :)