Any one with 38 or above want to share tips?

r1111

Hello,

Can anyone who has either completed the IB Diploma and gotten 38 or above or is is predicted a 38 or above please give me studying and time management? What makes you different from the students who get less (like 30)? I know one thing is how relaxed you guys are.

I achieved a 43. What differentiated me was preparation well before the exams and not last minute preparation. Of course I still did last minute preparation but I was well prepared before hand. I also extensively used past papers, read past paper responses and familiarised myself with what examiners want to see.

best of luck, if you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask

• Like 3

Hi!

I haven't gotten my grades yet (I'm predicted a 43), but I'll share some tips my seniors gave me:

1) Work constantly - don't fall back on your work, or even procrastinate. It will come back to bite you in the ass.

2) Make sure each graded piece of work is done well. Don't adopt the "just do it and hand up" mentality. You will regret it when you get your IB grade breakdown and see that your IAs pulled you down.

3) If your teacher allows you drafts, use them well. You can never go wrong with an extra few marks.

4) Give yourself time to relax and enjoy. There's nothing wrong with going out and having fun, but ensure that it is balanced with hard work too.

5) If you're in a relationship, it doesn't necessarily have to be a distraction. Try to work out ways where you can support each other in the IB. Lots of my seniors were in relationships, and one of their main motivations was to try and get to the same university.

6) Don't be the idiot kid who hates all the teachers. Yes, some teachers are unreasonable and/or mean. However, some others can give you extra tips, write you great references, advice, etc.

7) Review all the material covered each week. This means going through notes made in class, doing practice questions, maybe trying extra questions, etc. Ensure that you "get it". Do this at the end of each month too.

8) Hit the exam papers a few months before the exam. There is nothing better you can do for yourself than to attempt practice papers and to learn from them.

• Like 3

I achieved a 43. What differentiated me was preparation well before the exams and not last minute preparation. Of course I still did last minute preparation but I was well prepared before hand. I also extensively used past papers, read past paper responses and familiarised myself with what examiners want to see.

best of luck, if you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask

Hi!

I haven't gotten my grades yet (I'm predicted a 43), but I'll share some tips my seniors gave me:

1) Work constantly - don't fall back on your work, or even procrastinate. It will come back to bite you in the ass.

2) Make sure each graded piece of work is done well. Don't adopt the "just do it and hand up" mentality. You will regret it when you get your IB grade breakdown and see that your IAs pulled you down.

3) If your teacher allows you drafts, use them well. You can never go wrong with an extra few marks.

4) Give yourself time to relax and enjoy. There's nothing wrong with going out and having fun, but ensure that it is balanced with hard work too.

5) If you're in a relationship, it doesn't necessarily have to be a distraction. Try to work out ways where you can support each other in the IB. Lots of my seniors were in relationships, and one of their main motivations was to try and get to the same university.

6) Don't be the idiot kid who hates all the teachers. Yes, some teachers are unreasonable and/or mean. However, some others can give you extra tips, write you great references, advice, etc.

7) Review all the material covered each week. This means going through notes made in class, doing practice questions, maybe trying extra questions, etc. Ensure that you "get it". Do this at the end of each month too.

8) Hit the exam papers a few months before the exam. There is nothing better you can do for yourself than to attempt practice papers and to learn from them.

So I should remember not to procrastinate. That's easy to say but harder to do. Although it's not impossible since there are so many people who don't procrastinate as much as the rest of us.

- Always be on top of things, if something is due in a month, make it a goal to have it finished in 3 weeks.

- Love what you do, if you like to learn, or learn to love to learn, you will have a much easier time to study.

- Procrastrinate by doing subjects that are more fun.

- Past exams are very important, start doing past papers around christmas so that you become familiar with how they are.

- Finally, make sure that you study when you can, be outgoing, do stuff, but in the end, school comes first (this will actually free up a lot of time as you will be finished with stuff before they are due, and thus you will have free time, but this will not bring down your grades.)