EE economics

Pierre Reynaud

hey I'm new in this page web and i need some advice about my Extended essay about economics (I may make some mistakes when i write sorry for that :P ( I'm not fluent at English but in other 3 languages) ) the topic that i choosed that has to be related to economics is : "Effects of the new HS2 on the economy" or something like that I'm not sure about the question but it is in that section and i don't know if it's related to the subject :P please help me. TY

Edited by Gaby
I removed your other topic, no need to start two of them, it won't change a thing

the hs2 is the new TGV (high speed train) that will go from london to edinbourgh and will conecte the 4 most important cities of the UK.

but this will cost them like 40bm pounds. :P

Well I suppose it is an issue of Macroeconomics, and you could discuss benefits vs the problems associated with government spending vs the free market taking care of itself. Its fine in regards to that, but the question is... Can you write 4000 words on such a narrow topic? You could include case studies of both rail projects done by private enterprise and one done by the government hen compare and contrast the positive and negative outcomes, that being sad that may not be a good idea for 4000 words as your essay could lose focus!

• Like 1

the hs2 is the new TGV (high speed train) that will go from london to edinbourgh and will conecte the 4 most important cities of the UK.

but this will cost them like 40bm pounds. :P

Well I suppose it is an issue of Macroeconomics, and you could discuss benefits vs the problems associated with government spending vs the free market taking care of itself. Its fine in regards to that, but the question is... Can you write 4000 words on such a narrow topic? You could include case studies of both rail projects done by private enterprise and one done by the government hen compare and contrast the positive and negative outcomes, that being sad that may not be a good idea for 4000 words as your essay could lose focus!

On the contrary, I think the OP looks too broad. If economics is the consumption, production and distribution of commodities, there's no end to analyzing all the subtopics he could write about, because the economy is everything of that. If you can find how the HS2 affects a particular aspect of the economy (preferably related to what you're studying), then that would give your RQ a lot more focus.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...