FRENCH AB INITIO SL: 7

MATHEMATICS HL: 5

BUSINESS & MANAGEMENT HL: 6

ECONOMICS HL: 7

EE IN ECONOMICS: A

TOK ESSAY: B

CORE POINTS: 3

TOTAL: 39

I almost cried with joy. I really want to thank IBSurvival. I couldn’t have even thought of achieving this without the help of everyone here. I love you guys!

(I didn’t make my Durham offer of getting 6 in Mathematics, but I got above 38 and the 5 in English. What is the probability of them reducing the offer?)

• Like 9

ENGLISH LITERATURE SL: 5

PHYSICS SL: 6

I almost cried with joy. I really want to thank IBSurvival. I couldn’t have even thought of achieving this without the help of everyone here. I love you guys!

(I didn’t make my Durham offer of getting 6 in Mathematics, but I got above 38 and the 5 in English. What is the probability of them reducing the offer?)

It really depends on the amount of students who have applied to the university for that very course, but you should send an e-mail to the admissions to enquire whether or not they can consider your application nonetheless. They are aware that being ill one day could lead the student to underachieve and all that.

• Like 1

Congratulations everybody! Some awesome scores here - scoring in the high 30's and into the 40's is a massive achievement and it's great to see so many people have made their University offers!

Look at the worldwide averages and you'll see how smart you guys are :D So well done!

• Like 2

I don't know the exact timings, but I know that my offer wasn't confirmed for ages. I think they tend to wait for all the A Level results to come out and then they start confirming the places all at once after that. Don't worry about it meaning anything is going wrong is what I'd say. I got worried that the useless IB hadn't sent my grades on, but it was all fine in the end, just Unis being slow.

I don't know the exact timings, but I know that my offer wasn't confirmed for ages. I think they tend to wait for all the A Level results to come out and then they start confirming the places all at once after that. Don't worry about it meaning anything is going wrong is what I'd say. I got worried that the useless IB hadn't sent my grades on, but it was all fine in the end, just Unis being slow.

Thanks for the fast reply! It's a pity to hear that it takes them a while because I require a student visa and that usually takes a couple of months or so...

Congrats to everyone! :clap::clap::clap::blowkiss:

It was a long road, hard, but satisfying. Glad I did it!

English A: Literature HL 6

Theatre HL in English 7

History Americas HL in English 5

Spanish B SL 7

Physics SL in English 5

Mathematics SL in English 5

TOK in English A

English A EE in English C

Total: 37

My only surprise was the English EE - I worked so hard on it - expected a higher score, maybe they graded really hard this year - that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Marsk could have been better I suppose; however, I am relieved and ecstatic!

Challenge accepted and accomplished! IB over & done!

Edited by hawaiichica
  • Like 5

While I am somewhat disappointed with my grades, I did achieve a Bilingual Diploma. Is a Bilingual Diploma regarded as a greater accomplishment to universities than achieving a regular IB Diploma?

It's certainly advantageous, but only if the candidates being chosen between have the exact same grades everywhere else.

English A HL - 6

Biology SL - 7

French B SL - 6

History HL - 6

Chemistry HL - 7

Math SL - 7

Biology EE - B (Is there a difference in the ATP hydrolase activity in Hsp104 orthologs of S. pombe, S. cerevisiae, and C. albicans?)

TOK - A

Total: 42

Edited by Aditya Chawla
  • Like 4

I got these grades: 41 total

English A SL: 6

Dutch A SL: 6

Mathematics HL: 6

Chemistry HL: 7

Physics HL: 7

Economics HL: 7

Core points: 2 (B, B)

My conditional offer for Imperial College (Mathematical Physics) is 40 points.

On top of that, I need a 5 on English and a 7 on Math HL.

Do you think they'll forgive me for that point on Math?

English A Language and Literature HL: 7

Spanish A Literature HL: 6
History HL: 5

Math SL: 6

Philosophy SL: 6

Physics SL: 7

TOK: B

EE History: B

Dissapointed on the history and TOK mark, I was predicted a 6 and an A but I'm still super excited about my result. Congrats to everyone achieving those incredible results!

Edited by Procrastination
  • Like 3

ENGLISH LITERATURE SL: 5

PHYSICS SL: 6

It really depends on the amount of students who have applied to the university for that very course, but you should send an e-mail to the admissions to enquire whether or not they can consider your application nonetheless. They are aware that being ill one day could lead the student to underachieve and all that.

Also ask your IBC for component grades (should be available on Monday) and ask for a possible remark or, if you are close to the boundary like 1% or so, tell them that you barely missed it. It may actually help.

EDIT: This is also true for Joep ten Wolde :)

Edited by Zarathustra
  • Like 1

failed physics....lvl 4 was predicted a 7...

me too. Predicted a 7 and ended up with a 5.... No idea how this happened, I normally get well above 7 boundary for physics and I prepared quite extensively for the exam... I am requesting a remark. Well retakes.

• Like 1

Math HL: 7
Computer Science HL: 7
Eco HL: 7

Phy SL: 7
Eng A: Lit/Lang: 6
Spanish Ab. Initio: 6

EE: B
TOK: B

Total: 42

I'm super happy with my score, though I am a bit surprised at English. I was sure I'd get a 7, since I had put in a lot of effort in the IA and felt that the exams went great, both paper 1 and 2. Anyone have an idea what the boundary for a 7 is?

Also, my coordinator told me I'm these many marks away from the respective boundary/grade:

Spanish 1 mark
English 6 marks
EE 3 marks
TOK 8 marks

I'm definitely going to get Spanish remarked, and I'm thinking of trying my EE too. English I might, once I find out component grades to see where I mucked up. TOK, I got a 20 on the presentation, and my school predicted me a 30+ on my essay, so 8 marks away means I got 40/60, and so a 20 on a the essay, a whole 10 points below what my teacher predicted me :/

My school's usually good with TOK predictions for the essay, do you think it's worth remarking TOK as well? I'd hate to drop down to a C and get only one point, though. Moreover, what do you think are my chances for getting that mark in Spanish?

Thanks guys! And congratulations to everyone, these are some amazing results indeed!

Edited by Zuler
  • Like 3

Think your tok story is bad? Try expecting an A on EE (30+/36) and getting a D... (10-15/36) :/

I'd say don't get ToK remarked just in case, as if you're 8 marks from an A you're probably only a couple of marks into the B boundary? Therefore closer to going down to a C. Remark EE but don't risk ToK? Just in case :) Also yeah maybe you'll pick up that one mark in spanish! I would however say that 6 marks off for English would put you right in the middle of the ground boundary if I remember correctly: (unless it's different for lang lit) because for Lit it was 68% - 80% last year for the 7, so 74% would be 6 off either way :P

post-50100-0-39714600-1373144450_thumb.p

Getting my results was a weird mixture of relief, excitement and confusion!! But the lingering feeling is definitely happiness.. I broke my schools record with 41 points (40 points is the highest the school has received and it has only happened twice and the last time was 5+ years ago). Super shocked and really don't feel like I have much to complain about.

I am shocked about English but that was definitely a ''group'' thing as my entire class did poorly in English, which is something I doubt is coincidental, what with the new syllabus and stuff. After the exams I was expecting a 6 in English, Biology and Math and I was hoping for a 7 in Psychology and Economics. I was pleasantly surprised!! I'd take a 7 in Biology over a 6 in English any day :D

Very interested in seeing my component scores, however! At least for English. This has been a blissfully happy and fun evening though, I can't really complain :) The worst part about this day was failing to receive the correct password for the candidates website, and getting my results 4 hours after everybody else!!

Congratulations everybody btw!!!! This has been a long time coming and the scores i've seen posted on here are UHHMAAAZING!!

Edited by Babydolleyes
  • Like 6