May 2013 Official Results Thread

Think your tok story is bad? Try expecting an A on EE (30+/36) and getting a D... (10-15/36) :/

I'd say don't get ToK remarked just in case, as if you're 8 marks from an A you're probably only a couple of marks into the B boundary? Therefore closer to going down to a C. Remark EE but don't risk ToK? Just in case :) Also yeah maybe you'll pick up that one mark in spanish! I would however say that 6 marks off for English would put you right in the middle of the ground boundary if I remember correctly: (unless it's different for lang lit) because for Lit it was 68% - 80% last year for the 7, so 74% would be 6 off either way :P

Oh I've heard a lot of horror stories about TOK/EE's unpredictability so I don't think my story is too bad, I just feel shocked naturally. And yeah, I was thinking remark EE first and see what to do from there once I get that result back. And unfortunately I think lit/lang boundaries are different/higher, so I'm going to wait on components before I decide on English. I will be remarking Spanish and EE for sure, and probably English cause I don't think I could fall to a 5. Thanks for your help!

Norwegian HL: 6

English Lang/Lit HL: 7

Economics SL: 6

History HL: 6

Biology: 5

Math Studies: 6

EE: C

TOK: B

Total: 37

Overall I am happy with my subject grades, but pissed that I got a C on my English lang/lit EE when I expected an A... Especially when I need 38 or 39 to get in. A bit dissapointed of the bio grade, as I got 6s and 7s on the mock exams. Other than that I am happy with the 6 in econ, as I felt that I totally screwed up on the exam.

Does anybody know how the remarking works or how long it takes? I want my EE remarked, or at least get an explanation if that's possible

• Like 3

English A Literature SL 5

Spanish Ab SL 6

Psychology HL 5

Economics HL 4

Chemistry HL 3

Maths Studies SL 5

EE C

TOK D

I may have only got 28 points but seeing as the past 2 years no one passed at my college im over the moon !!!!! Shocked with Psychology tho, myt get that and TOK remarked but im so chuffed to pass :)

• Like 5

Hey, congratulations to all :) I have a question, do we select the paper or internal we want remarked or do they remark everything on the subject we choose? For example, can we choose to have one of the three psychology papers remarked or do they remark all papers and the internals?

They re-mark all of the papers, but they don't remark any of the internal assessments as these have technically already been moderated by more than one marker.

• Like 1

Nice to hear that almost everyone are satisfied with their results; and I'm too!

Here's what I got:

Economics SL: 7
Maths SL: 7
Norwegian A1 SL: 7

Chemistry HL: 7
Physics HL: 6
English B HL: 7

TOK: A
Extended Essay in Norwegian: A ("How are literary techniques used by George Orwell and Axel Jensen in their respective novels "1984" and "Epp" in order to send a specific political message to the audience")

Total points: 44

Edit: I'm not ungrateful, but it irritates me a bit that exactly my physics mark had to suffer, since I want to study engineering or physics. Anybody know how lenient for instance MIT is when it comes to my grade in physics, if I want to apply for their engineering course?

Edited by soopeldunk
  • Like 2

Hey, congratulations to all :) I have a question, do we select the paper or internal we want remarked or do they remark everything on the subject we choose? For example, can we choose to have one of the three psychology papers remarked or do they remark all papers and the internals?

They re-mark all of the papers, but they don't remark any of the internal assessments as these have technically already been moderated by more than one marker.

My IBC told us that internal assessments can be remarked if the whole class agrees on that, and the difference between the teacher's grade and the moderator's is around 15% or so. :)

• Like 1

My IBC told us that internal assessments can be remarked if the whole class agrees on that, and the difference between the teacher's grade and the moderator's is around 15% or so. :)

Oh I see! Thank you and congratulations on your amazing score!! :) Btw, do you know if the component results come out on Monday along with the grade boundaries or later?

Nice to hear that almost everyone are satisfied with their results; and I'm too!

Here's what I got:

Economics SL: 7

Maths SL: 7

Norwegian A1 SL: 7

Chemistry HL: 7

Physics HL: 6

English B HL: 7

TOK: A

Extended Essay in Norwegian: A ("How are literary techniques used by George Orwell and Axel Jensen in their respective novels "1984" and "Epp" in order to send a specific political message to the audience")

Total points: 44

Edit: I'm not ungrateful, but it irritates me a bit that exactly my physics mark had to suffer, since I want to study engineering or physics. Anybody know how lenient for instance MIT is when it comes to my grade in physics, if I want to apply for their engineering course?

A 6 in HL PHYSICS MY GOD OF ALL SUBJECTS is still extremely good. You should be fine, unless they told you you had to get a 7 in HL physics. :) You might have been just a few marks away from a 7, so if you're curious you can ask your IBC in a few weeks.

• Like 1

ENGLISH A: Language and Literature SL - 7 (I was predicted it and half expecting it as well. Not entirely, though, because I don't think I did too well on Paper 2.)

GERMAN B SL - 7 (If I hadn't gotten a 7 in this, I'd be pretty upset. Really easy course and exam all the way through.)

HISTORY (Europe/Middle East option) HL - 7 (Holy hell, this surprised the living daylights out of me. I had gotten consistent 6s and occasional 5s during the course and mocks and all that. Wow.)

BIOLOGY HL - 6 (No big deal BUT I was really hoping for a 7. I got a 7 throughout the majority of the course and mocks and I was predicted a 7 so I was a little disappointed. However, I only need a 6 to get into my top choice university so this doesn't bother me too much at all. This was probably a high 6 anyway because I felt confident in the exams.)

CHEMISTRY HL - 6 (Dear god, I thought I failed this. Paper 1 and 3 were reasonably okay but Paper 2 was sort of a train wreck for me. I can't wait to see what my component scores were because this was probably a very, very low 6. Either way, this makes me incredibly happy.)

MATHEMATICS SL - 6 (Am I happy? Oh yes. I was half expecting a 5 because my Paper 2 didn't go so well and my IAs were pretty crap. This was probably a result of low grade boundaries, I imagine.)

HISTORY EE - A (Just as surprising as my History grade. My teacher was a harsh grader and he always made me feel like my EE was average. Never anything especially good. He never gave me any predictions but from his tone and him constantly telling me to change things - I had to change my title about 3 times before he was happy - I would have thought that he predicted me a C or a B at best. How wrong I was.)

TOK [Disagreement and the pursuit of knowledge] - B (I was more or less expecting this, since I got a high B on my submitted oral and my teacher said my first draft for the essay was really good. I'm really happy with this, since I've never especially liked TOK.)

OVERALL POINTS - 42

Hell yeah I'm happy - I beat my prediction!

• Like 1

I think the sample gets remoderated, not all the IAs.

Edited by Zarathustra

Well my results were so ****ed up... Predicted a 40 and ended up with a 35....

I got just one ****ing bonus point.

Ok for remarking is there a limit to how many exams we can send? And how much is it per exam?
Also is it possible to send the EE and TOK essay for remarking? Cause i was predicted an A and B, ended up with a B and a C so thats two core points less (****)
Also i got a 5 for english and a 5 for spanish.. Has there been a history of grades going up for subjective exams like these?

Thanks a lot,

DP4eva

P/S - got ****ed over by my parents -.-

Eng A1 HL - 6

B&M HL - 6

Physics HL - 3

Math SL - 5

Mandarin B SL - 6

History SL - 4

TOK - B

EE - C

Total - 31

Results - Diploma awarded

I may have lost the battle of Physics HL, but I won the war against IB.

FTS

English Literature SL - 6

Swedish B HL - 6

Economics HL - 7

Economics EE - A

History HL - 6

Physics SL - 6

Mathematics SL - 5

TOK - B

TOK/EE: 3 points

Total points: 39

I underachieved by 3 points, but I still made my LSE offer :D

yooo kuba hahaha

Well my results were so ****ed up... Predicted a 40 and ended up with a 35....

I got just one ****ing bonus point.

Ok for remarking is there a limit to how many exams we can send? And how much is it per exam?

Also is it possible to send the EE and TOK essay for remarking? Cause i was predicted an A and B, ended up with a B and a C so thats two core points less (****)

Also i got a 5 for english and a 5 for spanish.. Has there been a history of grades going up for subjective exams like these?

Thanks a lot,

DP4eva

P/S - got ****ed over by my parents -.-

No limit and you can send your EE and TOK for remarking. I think it is about 60 pounds per exam, not sure though.

And yes, essay subjects are more likely to improve than sciences ;)