English - 6

Philosophy - 6

History - 7

ESS - 7

Maths - 7

Japanese - 6

EE - D, ToK C (0 core)

total = 39, no core.

Thrilled with my subjects but shocked and despairing at my core, getting those remarked. Slightly disappointed I didn't meet my philosophy prediction but I'm unsurprised as I didn't expect to

WOW! 6 in Japanese - that's amazing!!!!

• Like 2

I never thought I'd get above 40! But the IB gods have smiled upon me and I got a 44!

HL English 7

HL Chemistry 7

HL Anthro 7

SL Bio 7

SL Math 7

SL French 6

English EE - Self actualization in Rana Dasgupta's Solo - A

ToK EE - knowledge vs understanding - B

45 - 1 = 44!

Damn you French. :>

• Like 6

60 pounds per exam? Oh ****...
Well its my entire future at stake so i guess it doesnt matter haha
@Iliketurtles - You can check by how much you were off (percentage) and explain to your uni that you missed the grade boundaries narrowly or you can attempt a remark?

Edited by Sandwich
Please type words out in full, do not use chatspeak on the forum.
  • Like 1

60 pounds per exam? Oh ****...

Well its my entire future at stake so i guess it doesnt matter haha

@Iliketurtles - U can check by how much u were off (percentage) and explain to ur uni that u missed the grade boundaries narrowly or u can attempt a remark?

I found this document, full of fees and stuff:

http://www.ibo.org/ibaem/myp/documents/IBAEM2008-2009fees.pdf

Moreover, if your grades change, you will get refunded.

Hey, congratulations to all :) I have a question, do we select the paper or internal we want remarked or do they remark everything on the subject we choose? For example, can we choose to have one of the three psychology papers remarked or do they remark all papers and the internals?

They re-mark all of the papers, but they don't remark any of the internal assessments as these have technically already been moderated by more than one marker.

My IBC told us that internal assessments can be remarked if the whole class agrees on that, and the difference between the teacher's grade and the moderator's is around 15% or so. :)

I think the sample gets remoderated, not all the IAs.

That's a possibility, I've no idea, didn't inquire. Just pointed out it's a possibility if the whole class is dissatisfied with their grades. :)

Im glad its over, im glad i made it.

Maths HL - 7

Economics HL - 7

German HL - 7

English SL - 7 (this one was really close - lucky me)

French SL - 7

Physics SL - 7

EE - A

TOK - B

Overall - 45.

I can't believe that I scored overall 96% in Maths HL. I thought that my IAs wouldve brought me down largely, perhaps it was just our teacher being far too scrict.

I'm also slightly surprised about the B in TOK, seems like the markers were extremely strict this year. I felt like my presentation was superb, oh well, doesnt change my grade so im happy :)

dode, congrats!!!! that's a fantastic result

you should share your secrets...e.g. do you keep everything around you 45? (wake up at 6:45, have 45 friends exactly on facebook? nah, just kidding)

Maths HL - 7

Economics HL - 7

German HL - 7

French SL - 7

Physics SL - 7

EE - A

TOK - B

Overall - 45.

I can't believe that I scored overall 96% in Maths HL. I thought that my IAs wouldve brought me down largely, perhaps it was just our teacher being far too scrict.

I'm also slightly surprised about the B in TOK, seems like the markers were extremely strict this year. I felt like my presentation was superb, oh well, doesnt change my grade so im happy :)

dode, congrats!!!! that's a fantastic result

you should share your secrets...e.g. do you keep everything around you 45? (wake up at 6:45, have 45 friends exactly on facebook? nah, just kidding)

Hahhaa, yeah I guess my Username made it :D

oh WOW, so can the people with such high marks mind sharing their tips like susanne asked? I just finished doing my sem 1 yr 11 mocks and they went HORRIBLE and now im left with no motivation for anything :/ looking at these just makes me feel like i have less of a chance against such brillaint results (even if i am only in stage 1 and have a year to go still)

But WELL DONE guys!!

Maths HL - 7

Economics HL - 7

German HL - 7

French SL - 7

Physics SL - 7

EE - A

TOK - B

Overall - 45.

Oh my, nice work! I too am in complete shock and awe. Especially 96% in Maths HL - how on earth is that possible in the final, real exams? Anyway, I do believe you have the proud honour of being the first 45 reported here on this forum.

And also, wouldn't saying that your username gave you the 45 be mistaking correlation for causality? Ha, TOK - well, as you said, made no difference so CONGRATULATIONS! :)

suppose i got a level 2 or 3 on my Math SL .... does that mean i failed miserably ? :'(

Well I wouldn't say "failed miserably" but that's definitely not too great of a score for most people. But if you tried your hardest and studied well and still got that result, I wouldn't call it a failure. It just means math isn't your strong point, and I'm sure there are other subjects you're great in.

suppose i got a level 2 or 3 on my Math SL .... does that mean i failed miserably ? :'(

Well I wouldn't say "failed miserably" but that's definitely not too great of a score for most people. But if you tried your hardest and studied well and still got that result, I wouldn't call it a failure. It just means math isn't your strong point, and I'm sure there are other subjects you're great in.

i want to do something in life sciences so thats going to affect my university acceptances isn't it ?

i want to do something in life sciences so thats going to affect my university acceptances isn't it ?

It might, but I'm not too sure. You might want to call them and ask. I'm not that familiar with procedures for Canadian universities (which I'm assuming is the case lol).