College board applications doubt.

Well I am extremely sorry to disturb your fanfare of getting IB results and congrats to all as you have got good grades. I have a question to ask. While I was applying for college boards website https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/scholarship-search# for grants, I have seen there is an option that whether the applicant is a descendant of veteran. Well my grandfather fought the war, but I don't know the exact time for how long he fought. He was one of the soldiers stationed at the Indian Army Railways, but will the proof be counted?

Thanks for your help!

Edited by akash jishnu

I'm pretty sure that when they ask if you're a veteran or descendant of a veteran, it means if they registered in and fought in the US Army, and you do have to show proof. You might want to try looking at grant or scholarship foundations in your country, or for looking for other scholarships (you can google for these) run by private donors that may fit your criteria. Who knows, there might be some old Indian woman out there who is looking to give out some money to other Indians who fought in a war!

• Like 2