How do I drop out of Pre-IB? Should I?

Shanda4Life

I am an upcoming freshman and I don't think Ib is easy because I have done some research and didn't like what I seen. I just don't know how to get out of it before it is too late. Do I change my schedule while i still can? I have talked to some of my school staff and I still haven't found answers. It is July and I start school in August so I have a few weeks to change my schedule. How was your Pre-Ib experience? Oh and I did some research and found out that some people had to take an admission test and I didn't have too i was automatically placed in it.

I didn't take Pre-IB but I did do the May 2013 session of the actual IB. To answer your question, the IB isn't as horrifying as it seems to you. You can switch out anytime I'm guessing, and switch to the normal syllabus your school offers. But it depends on your choice selection of subjects as well.

Maybe you can try out Pre-IB, and see how it is, and if you feel comfortable with it, you can go ahead with the IB, instead of having preconceived notions. :)

Depends what you mean by pre-IB. In most places, especially in the US, pre-IB isn't a real thing, it's just something made up by your school to help you catch up so you know enough for the actual IB which is just a 2-year thing. So you do one year of 'pre-IB' and then two years of the actual IB (known as IB1 and IB2). So if that is the case, then I suggest you stick around in the pre-IB year. It doesn't count towards anything and it doesn't commit you to doing the IB itself.

If you mean pre-IB as in the first year of two IB years then I suggest you talk to the people at your school. It's an internal thing and we really can't help you on this site. It's very easy to drop out at that stage in terms of the actual IB, but in terms of your school's own policies it may be either easy or tricky. My school would probably have allowed you to drop out only if you could pay in blood because they were desperate to get people to do it and numbers were declining. Some places may not care :P