SAT/ACT/ISAT in Australia/UK/Singapore (Are they "appreciated")?

Well, I know that SAT can be recognised at certain Australian universities - such as the University of Melbourne. You'd have to check whether unis will offer admission in Australia though - many unis I suspect will not convert SAT to ATAR, which is the typical metric used to determine whether you can get into a uni course in Australia. So generally I would say that SAT is not that valuable a qualification compared to IB - though if you want, you probably could mention taking the SATs as a thing in an application.

Not sure about UK/Singapore.

I'm taking SAT as well, but I'm just using that for American college applications - though if I have room in my Australian/UK uni apps, perhaps I will try and sneakily mention the SATs as an example of my academic dedication. :)

• Like 1

I applied to NUS and SMU in Singapore, and from what I've seen, SATs can help, but they're not really the main focus of admissions requirements. I'm not sure about other standardized tests. I got these quotes from application pages of the two universities.

NUS:

"SAT and SAT Subject Tests scores are only required if students

- are applying for Medicine and/or Dentistry course

- wish to have an early admission consideration"

SMU:

"SAT is not compulsory. High scores can be an added advantage, but they do not replace your IB grades... A score of 1900 or more will be minimally sufficient for applicants to make a competitive application... The more competitive schools will usually require scores of more than 2000."

• Like 1