Sign in to follow this  

help :)

hi I just wanted to ask how I am supposed to develop/ talk about my Knowledge issue.

Should i talk about it using different WOK and AOK, or should i talk about it using claims and counterclaims/

Or should i use both, and how?

Thanks

Hi :)

Generally first you explain your topic. Then you talk about your KIs. For the KIs, you first state your question. Then you develop your claim and counterclaim using different TOK fallacies, your own reasoning and of course evidence from your topic.

Generally for AOKs and WOKs my teacher suggested that we choose the AOKs and WOKs common to your KIs (since you'll be having multiple ones) and explain them at the end. It becomes tedious to explain the AOKs and WOKs after each question and quite confusing. It worked quite well for us. By following this format, we managed to score an 18/20 for the final TOK presentation :)

Hi :)

Generally first you explain your topic. Then you talk about your KIs. For the KIs, you first state your question. Then you develop your claim and counterclaim using different TOK fallacies, your own reasoning and of course evidence from your topic.

Generally for AOKs and WOKs my teacher suggested that we choose the AOKs and WOKs common to your KIs (since you'll be having multiple ones) and explain them at the end. It becomes tedious to explain the AOKs and WOKs after each question and quite confusing. It worked quite well for us. By following this format, we managed to score an 18/20 for the final TOK presentation :)

Thanks for your reply. What is a claim by the way, and how does it link to the knowledge issue (is it like an answer to the KI?) and how do i suddenly explain the AOKs and WOKs at the end (are they also answers to the KI?) ?

A claim is basically one side of the story. It can also be thought of as pros and cons. And yes it is an answer to your question. The counterclaim basically shows that you can think critically and think from both sides of the topic. These can be explained by using TOK fallacies, or any other TOK reasonings that you have learned about .

and well you wont be suddenly explaining your WOKs and AOKs. Either way they should be at the end of your presentation. Basically you need to introduce your AOKs and WOKs; ease your presentation into that direction. Then you could just say that both your KIs (or how many ever you have) have these common AOKs and WOKs are the most dominant. Then you could explain each AOK and WOK and how it relates to your KIs. :)

A claim is basically one side of the story. It can also be thought of as pros and cons. And yes it is an answer to your question. The counterclaim basically shows that you can think critically and think from both sides of the topic. These can be explained by using TOK fallacies, or any other TOK reasonings that you have learned about .

and well you wont be suddenly explaining your WOKs and AOKs. Either way they should be at the end of your presentation. Basically you need to introduce your AOKs and WOKs; ease your presentation into that direction. Then you could just say that both your KIs (or how many ever you have) have these common AOKs and WOKs are the most dominant. Then you could explain each AOK and WOK and how it relates to your KIs. :)

Oh I see... And how about different perspectives? I have read somewhere that it is important to view the KI from different points of views. Does this have to do with the claims or something else?