Let's talk about the World Religions internal assessment! Yay!
I've received my assessment to start over the summer and as I am feeling sick with nothing to do I might as well start it. I have no idea where to start though,; not even the religion I'd like to study in. So I started this because I didn't see another topic like this; however if there is one please had me in the right direction as I'd like help with my IA.

What was your WR IA topic? Or are you in the same place I am? How did you come about picking something to investigate? I'd love to hear all about it :)

-Katie

Edited by annabelle9

I didn't do World Religions, but I found the IB guide for it here and on page 59 there's a list of possible topics, maybe from there you can start to think of your topic and how you would formulate your research question?

http://blogs.4j.lane.edu/yamada/files/2009/09/ib-religion-guide.pdf

Which religions have you studied? Maybe you can pick the one you found most interesting and start from there.

• 1 month later...

Hey a bit late, but if you're still clueless just combine the IA with your interests

I take IB Music HL so I know about Roman Catholic music during the Medieval and Renaissance eras, so I'm just doing the IA on that.

If you take art or theatre even, you could do the same. Or even if you're into film, you could relate it to a religious movie, like Life of Pie (I think there are some Hindu principals there? I haven't actually seen it)

Or sports like Tai Chi or Kung Fu, those are Taoist martial arts.

It's really open ended, which is pretty nice.

I didn't do World Religions, but I found the IB guide for it here and on page 59 there's a list of possible topics, maybe from there you can start to think of your topic and how you would formulate your research question?

http://blogs.4j.lane.edu/yamada/files/2009/09/ib-religion-guide.pdf

Which religions have you studied? Maybe you can pick the one you found most interesting and start from there.

Thank you!! I found my topic now but I'll definitely share that link with friends.

Hey a bit late, but if you're still clueless just combine the IA with your interests

I take IB Music HL so I know about Roman Catholic music during the Medieval and Renaissance eras, so I'm just doing the IA on that.

If you take art or theatre even, you could do the same. Or even if you're into film, you could relate it to a religious movie, like Life of Pie (I think there are some Hindu principals there? I haven't actually seen it)

Or sports like Tai Chi or Kung Fu, those are Taoist martial arts.

It's really open ended, which is pretty nice.

I was really interesting in Taoism so I took out books solely on that religion so I could work in an area I liked. I quickly found my topic - the role of women in Taoism, as they're treated differently and frankly with a lot more respect than many other religions. Thanks!