Sign in to follow this  

Curious about where you all applied

Hello,

I am simply curious about how many universities most people apply to, as well as which ones are common ones. So I am just hoping you could put down where you have applied, where you got accepted, and where you ended up/may be going.... All universities please not just in the UK or USA. Thanks.

Miccol

Well, I applied to HKUST (Hong Kong university of Science and Technology), because it is highly ranked (Especially for Computer Science which I want to study) and requires 34 points, which is quite low compared to its high ranking. I only applied to one other university, which was Sabanci university in my home country, Turkey, which requires 30 points, so it was kind of a backup in case I didn't get 34 points. So I only applied to 2 universities. I got 38 points, so I'm going to Hong Kong. :)

• Like 1

I applied to University of St. Andrews, Durham University, University of Manchester, University of Edinburgh and University of Glasgow. I got into all except Durham and accepted St. Andrews as my firm (36) and Edinburgh as insurance (34). I achieved 39 so I'm going to St Andrews in September

I applied to HKUST, HKU (both Hong Kong), SMU, NUS (both Singapore), Cardiff University, Sheffield University (both UK), University of Minnesota, and University of Chicago. I got accepted into all except for Chicago, where I was deferred and then rejected. I am also unsure about the Singapore universities as they haven't replied yet. However, I was able to achieve 43, which means I can get 4 years of full tuition from HKUST, and it also has a very good reputation, so if everything goes well that's where I'm going.

I applied to Georgia Tech, Carnegie, Urbana-Champaign, Rutgets, Uni of Hartford, MIT, and Stanford

I got into all except MIT and Stanford. Carnegie made a conditional offer. But Im going Urbana Champaign because I got a scholarship

Well, I applied to HKUST (Hong Kong university of Science and Technology), because it is highly ranked (Especially for Computer Science which I want to study) and requires 34 points, which is quite low compared to its high ranking. I only applied to one other university, which was Sabanci university in my home country, Turkey, which requires 30 points, so it was kind of a backup in case I didn't get 34 points. So I only applied to 2 universities. I got 38 points, so I'm going to Hong Kong. :)

AHHAHAHA. I'm going to HKUST to pursue the same course and I also got the same score as you ! Look forward to meeting you in August :)

• Like 1

AHHAHAHA. I'm going to HKUST to pursue the same course and I also got the same score as you ! Look forward to meeting you in August :)

Hahah awesome! See you there, then! :D