History EE: Is my topic/RQ specific enough?

ilovepotato

Hello! Sorry, I started another thread because I'm beginning to doubt my entire topic and I need some confirmation or perhaps find some tweaks to make before I can go on.

My topic is covering the French Resistance 1940-1944 and evaluating how successful they actually were, since a myth began to develop after the liberation of France which sort of glorified the Resistance in a way (commonly known as the "Gaullist myth"). Some points I'm really trying to get across are the fact that they could not have really liberated France in 1944 without the help of the Allies, and that they weren't this unified, massive group many people believe it to be.

So my RQ for the time being is:

How effective was the French Resistance during WWII?

I talked with my supervisor and my history teacher and this is what we all agreed to settle on for now. Personally, I think the RQ kind of sucks. It's not very interesting and it sounds bland. Plus, it seems a bit broad?

What are your thoughts? :\ Is my topic too broad or just fine (hoping for the latter...)? Should my RQ be changed?

Edited by ilovepotato

Well instead of saying WWII (which is broad) you need to narrow it down.

'To what extent was the French Resistance successful in the liberation of France during WWII?' Would that work?

Thanks :) That's what I thought of, but I'm still not sure if the topic itself is specific/good enough... Because from what I've been seeing, everyone else's seems to sound so smart and focused!