So, I'm applying to Oxford at the beginning of this coming year. A huge decision I have made, with the problem that I'm not very confident. I have my last year planned and am determined to do well and meet the minimum requirements, but I know that's only half the marathon.

Is there anyone out there that could give me tips for the application to Oxford? Tips for the interview, TSA, personal statement, and so on. Any advice would help.

I'm applying to other universities, so I'm not making the mistake of only applying there, but it IS my main focus. It would mean so much to me if I got in.

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

I haven't taken TSA (I took LNAT), so I can't advise you on that.

Making sure you fulfill all the entry requirements is important before applying, but I guess you've already done that.

When it comes to the personal statement, the most important thing is to link everything you write about to your future degree. If there's no link - don't mention it, it's a waste of valuable space. Starting early is most certainly helpful, and doing as many drafts as possible. TSR PS help is very much useful. Also, ask your friends to read it for you and have no mercy - you want it to be perfect.

Make sure your referee writes you a beautiful reference - everyone's will be beautiful, you don't want to stand out with a not-so-perfect one ;).

If you have any more specific questions, I'm very much willing to answer them, because describing everything in great detail could fill a book ;)

• Like 1

Ok, just a few questions...

I may regret this, but what do you mean by 'TSR PS'? I'm afraid I don't follow...

Also what procedure would you recommend preparing for the test. As far as I've seen, the TSA is basically a TOK test, but on less complex issues. So what should I do to prepare for this?

Also just out of curiosity, which college did you apply to? Would you recommend it?

I might have more questions later, I'm just a bit brain-dead today. :teehee:

Ok, just a few questions...

I may regret this, but what do you mean by 'TSR PS'? I'm afraid I don't follow...

Also what procedure would you recommend preparing for the test. As far as I've seen, the TSA is basically a TOK test, but on less complex issues. So what should I do to prepare for this?

Also just out of curiosity, which college did you apply to? Would you recommend it?

I might have more questions later, I'm just a bit brain-dead today. :teehee:

Just a tip for the future: I'm much more likely to respond if you quote me. :)

TSR PS Help is The Student Room Personal Statement Help.

I can't really advise you on preparation for TSA as I have not taken it. You should google it, find some practice tests etc.

I applied to Merton, but I was reallocated pre-interview. They told me they only interview applicants that have a chance of getting an offer. :P In the end, New invited me for the interview and gave me an offer. It's hard to recommend a college I don't yet go to. Anyway, people generally are happy in the college they end up in as they're not all that much different.