A quick question

Franz Liszt

Hey guys,

I've been meaning to apply to universities in the United States all my life, but have recently decided to apply to universities in the UK in the future after a certain series of events. One thing I have noticed about the universities in the UK is that the all state a certain A-level/ IB Score that must be obtained in order to receive an offer.

Let's say that required IB score is X, and if I receive X, will that confirm (to a 100%) a position for me in university Y?

Thank you in advance!

Edited by Franz Liszt

Ok, long story short:

you apply -> unis receive your application -> they like it or do not like it -> if they like it, they give you a conditional offer (i.e. if you receive X amount of points, we'll take you)/if they don't like you, they reject you -> you firm one of the offers, choose one as the insurance, decline the rest -> go and write your exams -> receive the scores - if you reached the conditions of your offer, you're in, if you don't, then you: a) beg the uni to take you, b) go to your insurance choice c) if you haven't made your insurance, go through clearing (or you can take a gap year, or something)

Hope I was clear enough

• Like 6

Ok, long story short:

you apply -> unis receive your application -> they like it or do not like it -> if they like it, they give you a conditional offer (i.e. if you receive X amount of points, we'll take you)/if they don't like you, they reject you -> you firm one of the offers, choose one as the insurance, decline the rest -> go and write your exams -> receive the scores - if you reached the conditions of your offer, you're in, if you don't, then you: a) beg the uni to take you, b) go to your insurance choice c) if you haven't made your insurance, go through clearing (or you can take a gap year, or something)

Hope I was clear enough

Beautifully put in a nutshell. But then why does UCAS feel so much more complicated when you do it? XD

Ok, long story short:

Hope I was clear enough

Beautifully put in a nutshell. But then why does UCAS feel so much more complicated when you do it? XD

I'd say UCAS isn't that bad. Student Finance, on the other hand... Don't even get me started...

• Like 1