Exam reevaluation

Mc837
Go to solution Solved by TykeDragon,

Hi everyone,

I've heard it is possible to get your exam papers reexamined if you feel there's a mistake.

Is it so? How long does it take? I've also heard you have to pay for it?

And finally, could your grades be lowered as well? Is everything reevaluated?

Any info is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

~mc

Edited by Mc837

Yes you can get your papers remarked. I think the fees are around £60 and it takes a couple of weeks though some people have had their papers back really quickly.

Great, thanks. I suppose I have to contact my IB coordinator for that?

Do you know if the grades can also be lowered after a remark? Thanks!

Yes you can get your papers remarked. I think the fees are around £60 and it takes a couple of weeks though some people have had their papers back really quickly.

Great, thanks. I suppose I have to contact my IB coordinator for that?

Do you know if the grades can also be lowered after a remark? Thanks!

1) yes

2) yes but I'm not sure if you'll keep your best mark or not. You'll probably only want to re mark those close to the next grade boundary. It's more likely to stay the same than go down.

Hi, yes there is a possibility that your grade gets lowered. You will have to accept the new grade, whether its higher, the same, or lower than the original grade. As award winning boss said, you're best off only remarking subjects that are close to the next grade (like 2 marks away), as opposed to one that's in the middle of the grade boundaries.

Hi, yes there is a possibility that your grade gets lowered. You will have to accept the new grade, whether its higher, the same, or lower than the original grade. As award winning boss said, you're best off only remarking subjects that are close to the next grade (like 2 marks away), as opposed to one that's in the middle of the grade boundaries.

2) yes but I'm not sure if you'll keep your best mark or not. You'll probably only want to re mark those close to the next grade boundary. It's more likely to stay the same than go down.

Awesome, thanks guys! So, em, do you know where I can find the grade boundaries? :b

Edited by Mc837

• Solution

Hi mate, check out the thread here I compiled for reasons just like this one:

http://www.ibsurvival.com/topic/25025-may-2013-official-grade-boundaries/

some pointers:

a remark costs £62 per subject. it can go up or down, and you keep the new mark. A remark does not include orals/coursework/ IAs, only the externally marked papers. Note that a Language A1 world literature counts as an external. Therefore, you cannot request for one paper to be remarked - be wary of this if you worry something may go down and cancel out any benefit. Lastly, if your mark changes by even 1% either way you get a refund - only paying if the mark doesn't change at all.

• Like 2

Hi mate, check out the thread here I compiled for reasons just like this one:

http://www.ibsurvival.com/topic/25025-may-2013-official-grade-boundaries/

some pointers:

a remark costs £62 per subject. it can go up or down, and you keep the new mark. A remark does not include orals/coursework/ IAs, only the externally marked papers. Note that a Language A1 world literature counts as an external. Therefore, you cannot request for one paper to be remarked - be wary of this if you worry something may go down and cancel out any benefit. Lastly, if your mark changes by even 1% either way you get a refund - only paying if the mark doesn't change at all.

Awesome, thanks!

• 6 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...