Spanish B standard level vocabulary help!

promise

I did HL Spanish B and like cjy said, there isn't really a vocab list. The best thing to do to prepare for exams, especially paper 1 where you have to read texts and respond to questions, is to know as much vocabulary as possible. Try to build a pretty good list, and you can do this through reading texts like the newspaper or short stories (how I did it). At SL they're not going to throw too much difficult vocabulary on the exam, but what makes it difficult is that they can give you a text on pretty much anything. I think in my year the exam had a text on paintball, a text about a stranger helping a woman carry groceries up some stairs, film, and something else random. So just read around and start getting a good list, and when exam time comes you'll have a solid word bank to work with.

Neither language is harder than the other, so if you have a choice between both, pick the one where you feel most confident already. If you're confident on the grammar/verbs etc. then you'll be at an advantage versus not being confident, so really it's down to you. Also, neither language has a vocabulary list. None of the B languages do, they're all the same. Spanish and French are much of a muchness.

Spanish B is basically AS Level Spanish. As people have said, the best thing to do is read around a bit, and focus on learning the vocabulary that comes up in lessons. There are themes - culture, social life, young people, healthcare, education, the environment and so on - so you can use that and hopefully your teacher will use that in order to focus you on particular bits of language. If you did GCSE Spanish or French, it's basically just expanding on that and taking it up a notch.

I've only ever heard of vocabulary lists for GCSE Latin, to my knowledge most language courses lack strict vocab lists.

Thanks.. but do you know if this also applies to French b sl?( no list of vocab) ..because i am just as good at both languages as at now but i heard that French is a lot harder than Spanish at IB level

Arguably French IB is harder. We had an average of 6.14 in our HL+SL class whereas Spanish had an average of 6.3 and had a lot more 7s than we did. No language has a vocab list apart from the ab initio languages, so it is the case for both French and Spanish B SL and HL. The thing with French and Spanish B is that there are IB textbooks for them. I recommend Le Monde en français for French and Mañana for Spanish. :)