Sign in to follow this  

Presentation Do I need a personal opinion on this?

Hi there!

So, I'm meant to do my ToK presentation soon, and I decided to do my presentation on "Animals and Us"... I should probably look for a slightly better title.

Anyway, I plan to talk about vegetarianism, using animal products in cosmetics and things, and animal testing. I've got my KIs, AoK and WoK planned out.

Now, what I need to know is, do I need to formulate a personal opinion on this?

And secondly, do you think I'm looking at way too many things for a 10 minute presentation? Do you think I should cut down on one of the three and focus on formulating a more detailed argument on two of them instead?

Thank you! :)

Yes, you must formulate a personal opinion on your topic. There's a criterion (1 of 4) that is worth 5/20 marks entitled "Knower's Perspective". Not only do you need to articulate your own opinion, you should explain why you might hold that opinion. So definitely use "I", and try to chuck in the phrase "as a TOK student". Good luck!

• Like 1

yes you neeeeeeeeeeeeeeed to formulate your opinion and talk about the importance of it.......maybe talk about ethics as well as you will have formed an ethical viewpoint with this topic in particular...good luck :)