Remark

Hi,

I need some advice on doing a remark on one subject I had done in May 2013. I had done Arabic B SL. And I got 88% altogether, which was a six. The grade boundary was 89% for a seven. So I was 1% off. I was very shocked when I knew I got a six.

Its turns out I got a 5 in my written assignment and very high in the internal assessments and exams.

So should I give a remark? Could anybody help?

I was wondering if those who had experience with remarks could give some advice.

Could anybody help to decide?

Also, How often do the Language B remarks go up?

Need it urgent to decide

I would say go for it. Considering the fact that you're only 1% away from a 7, and that the written task is somewhat of a subjective assignment (I mean there's criteria you have to meet but some of it is dependent on what the grader feels you did), you have a chance at going up to a 7. Just be aware that when you remark, they will be remarking the entire exam; however, especially for paper 1 you probably won't gain or lose any marks since there's a pretty specific markscheme with what you have to write in order to gain the points for that question. And internal assessments won't be remarked.

I don't really know how often language B marks go up, because everyone's situation is different and you have to consider which language it is, but it's probably the same as it is for a majority of subjects. Some people's marks go up, some stay the same, and a few go down.

• Like 1

Yeah, go for it. Sometimes the marks go up and since you're so close to a 7 anyway, after the examiner remarks your written task, it might go up to a 7. Either way you scored high in your IAs and exams, so you have nothing to lose at this point.

• Like 1

I'd say try it, you're very close and that written assignment could go up :) your high IA mark won't be touched or challenged, so that's not something to worry about. As stated, your paper one would only go down if the first examiner miscounted or accidentally gave a mark/was too generous, which is admittedly unlikely, so don't worry too much. You're also extremely unlikely to go down to a 5 as you're on 88%.

So I leave you with two questions:

1) do you have £62 to spare if it comes back the same?

2) is it a potential threat that your paper 2 essay mark may go down? (ie did you get 24 or 25/25 and are you worried it may get marked down?)

Even if number two is a worry, hopefully your written assignment would go up enough to offset it.... So yes, if you have the money to gamble, go for it :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...