Maths Exploration

dreamadream

Hello everyone. I wanted a bit of help.

I have been doing a lot of research about the Math Exploration on the internet and here on IBsurvival. I was planning to do my exploration on the Fibonacci series and its relationship with the Golden ratio and the Pascal's Triangle. I read a lot of relationships but I'm clueless as to what to do in the exploration. A lot of data is there on the internet, how can I explore? I would love it if someone could help!
Thank you!

I had the same issue when I started off, but then I looked up different example explorations. You should do that, try looking at different examples. It helped me. My topic is Modeling the population growth of the world so what I'm doing is looking at the already existing models and forming a model combined with the already existing ones, in other words try formulating a strong aim for your exploration. For example, like you said,you could try looking at the relationship between Fibonacci series and it's relationship with the Pascal's triangle. One of my friends did "Does a person's seating arrangement during a test affect their results"? and another is doing some card game, and he's trying to investigate "Does the amount of cards a person get's increases the probability of them winning"? So try formulating some kind of question which you will verify through your exploration. Try researching more on your topic and look at similar exploration examples to yours. Hope I helped. =)

• Like 1

Where do you get examples of explorations? I've looked all over, and maybe I'm not looking enough, but I can't find ANY examples. Do you have any links?

I have the same problem as Anushka. I don't really understand what an 'exploration' requires. Obviously, we're not going to discover something completely new, which has never been discovered before. We'll probably just find out stuff which is already there on the internet. How does that count as exploration? What are we actually expected to do?