Do Canadian unis look at your predicted grade and accept you on the basis of that.

modern.rocky

I have my 11th class predicted grades and I take the international baccalaureate. I was just wondering if the canadian unis accept you on the basis of predicted grades and dont care much about your final grade. I have managed to get the following score:
Maths HL - 6
Physics HL - 7
Chemistry HL - 7
French ab intio - 6
Economics SL - 6
English SL - 5
Do you think my score is good enough to get into a good uni?
Please help!

Edited by Sandwich
Please type words out in full - "you" instead of "u". Thanks.

Hey there :)

Canadian universities only give a conditional acceptance based on predicted grades. They actually do need your final points when making a decision. They will usually tell you how many points you need to get in order to be accepted and once you reach those points, that's when they give you a final acceptance. That was how it was with my anyway!

Hope I helped ^_^

• Like 1

Guest B.E.P.

My friends and I have experienced both instances. Some universities accepted us solely on our predicted scores unconditionally, while others conditionally accepted us on our predicted scores with a certain 'minimum' score needed in order to be admitted.

My friends and I have experienced both instances. Some universities accepted us solely on our predicted scores unconditionally, while others conditionally accepted us on our predicted scores with a certain 'minimum' score needed in order to be admitted.

Can you please tell me if Mcgill accepts the university applications on the basis of predicted grade and whether it gives an unconditional offer.

Can you please tell me if Mcgill accepts the university applications on the basis of predicted grade and whether it gives an unconditional offer.

37 is a good score for Canadian universities; McGill will probably give you an offer.

For your second question, I'm not entirely sure because I'm not an international applicant. I am an Ontario student meaning that I can get a conditional offer in December~February and that offer turns final usually in May (depending on 1st semester courses). Not sure for international admits, but you have good chances of admission if you end with anything higher than 34~36, assuming the program isn't too competitive.

i am planning to do an engineering course at any Canadian unis, if I can't get into UK ones. do you think engineering courses are very hard to get into looking at my grades?

Edited by Sandwich
Please type using full words instead of chatspeak. Thanks.

For international students (the students at my school and me), McGill gave us an unconditional offer on the basis of our predicted grades.

what about scholarships? are they also unconditional? and how many points are required for scholarships ? not only in Mc Gill, but generally..