Remarking Maths HL

-._._.-

According to my IB coordinator, I'm one mark away from a 6.

P1 - 54% (5)
P2 - 71% (7)
P3 Stats - 63% (5)
IA - 63% (5)

I've no idea what the grade boundaries are.

Anyway, I was thinking of getting a remark. After all, it's just one point away. But what are my chances? Cause like Maths is not very subjective. It can still go up to a six right? Also, I wouldn't drop so much to a 4 right?

Another question, what is the procedure after I talk to my IBC? Is it going to take very long? Today is the last day of term and my IBC is flying off on the 22nd. Will it be too rushed?

Please get back to me as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Guest B.E.P.

According to my IB coordinator, I'm one mark away from a 6.

P1 - 54% (5)

P2 - 71% (7)

P3 Stats - 63% (5)

IA - 63% (5)

I've no idea what the grade boundaries are.

Anyway, I was thinking of getting a remark. After all, it's just one point away. But what are my chances? Cause like Maths is not very subjective. It can still go up to a six right? Also, I wouldn't drop so much to a 4 right?

Another question, what is the procedure after I talk to my IBC? Is it going to take very long? Today is the last day of term and my IBC is flying off on the 22nd. Will it be too rushed?

Please get back to me as soon as possible.

Thank you.

If money is not an issue, then I think that you should go for it! I'm not sure about the TZ1 boundaries, but you have an equal chance of going up or going down a couple of percentages. Even though Math is not that 'subjective', a friend of mine regraded his Physics exam last year and went up 4%. Don't worry about dropping down to a four, the worst that can happen is that you will drop down to a solid five.

I asked for a regrade as well for one of my classes, the procedure at my school is that the coordinator makes you sign a consent form. After you sign the form, you pay the money for a regrade. My coordinator then sends off the request to the IB.

The process takes about a couple of weeks. My coordinator submitted my request on the 14th and she still has yet to hear back from the IB. I don't think it'll be rushed, all you have to do is pay and sign a form; all she has to do is click a button.

Good luck!

Okay, your IBC should really be providing you with grade boundaries so you have more knowledge about whether you should remark. But if according to them you are 'one mark' away from a 6 (did they specify which component?) then I think that if you can spare the money and the time then remarking is definitely worth it. It is so unlikely that you'll drop to a 4 that you shouldn't worry about it. But there is a chance that you could pick up extra M marks and get up to that 6.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Okay, I sent three of my papers for a remark, partly because of the advice I got, and

AND

AND

AND

I GOT A 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! :yahoo:

Yes, it isn't as big a deal as me getting a six without a remark, but still... :clap:

So, for future examination sessions, this is my testimony. IT'S DEFINITELY WORTH A TRY! But I don't think you should get your hopes up. But I'm still all for it.

Okay, I sent three of my papers for a remark, partly because of the advice I got, and

AND

AND

AND

I GOT A 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! :yahoo:

Yes, it isn't as big a deal as me getting a six without a remark, but still... :clap:

So, for future examination sessions, this is my testimony. IT'S DEFINITELY WORTH A TRY! But I don't think you should get your hopes up. But I'm still all for it.

CONGRATS!!

My regrade also went up! So I know how you feel!! My grade went up from a 6 to a 7!

In my school, four people requested a remark, two went up (both in Economics) and two stayed the same (in English and Chemistry).

I agree with you, if money isn't an issue, it's worth a try!!