Syllabuses used in May 2014?

Kat_K

Hey :)

I only have a quick question, but I've been trying to google this for hours and it seems like I'm never going to find an answer there, soo I came to you guys for help. I read on one of the threads that all of the syllabi changed in 2013..? I got a bit panicky because I realised that I only have the 2009 ones at hand and I can't seem to find the new ones anywhere.

I was just wondering if someone could confirm which syllabuses are being used for the May 2014 examinations (does it change from subject to subject or are all of the syllabuses from the same year?), and if the 2013 ones are being used, could someone please point me in the right direction as to where to find them?

Thanks! :D

It's different for the different subjects. Biology and Chemistry the 2009 syllabus is correct. English and Economics changed a bit last year (they invented Lit & Lang and ditched A2 languages) so they should be for first exams 2012. Maths has changed for your year so should be first exams 2014(?)... I think! French hasn't changed from a pretty old syllabus, I don't think.

People feel free to correct me on the above! Regardless you should be able to find all the syllabi for free download in the Files section so that should help.

• Like 1

Guest B.E.P.

Syllabus:

Math is the first examinations in 2014 syllabus (extra content for SL in statistics mainly, so beware of that, also you guys have the exploration now)

English, Economics, and French are all the first examinations in 2013 syllabus. (English introduced Lang and Lit as an option, French B now has a written task, Economics has the Math-based paper 3)

Biology and Chemistry are the first examinations in 2009.

They also removed the "matrices" topic from the SL and HL curricula for the 2014 examinations. Like @B.E.P. said, they are also changing the IA into what they call an "exploration". There are a few more changes that you could check if you search for the syllabuses.

• Like 1