Sign out problem

Zarathustra

I've been having a pretty odd sign out problem with the website. I sign out at first, and everything seems to be fine. However, if I come to IBSurvival once more, I am mysteriously already signed in. Any plausible explanations or suggestions on how to solve this issue?

This is often caused by issues around cookies. You may have to clear your cookies and/or browser cache.

Let me run a quick diagnostic and see if there is anything on our end I can do.

As it stands right now, I believe this to be an issue for some users only. For instance, I can log out properly without any notable issues. And, flinquinnster, although the risk is small, I suppose that users logging into their user at public computers can possibly find their user hijacked if they too experience the same issue. I'm not entirely sure how this forum works on the more technical side, but that is one eventuality if that user is very unlucky.

Some things you might want to check, though, is your cookies (in your internet browser - I'm not talking about real cookies!) and your web browser itself. Experiment and see if you face the same issues with another web browser. For instance, if you're using Mozilla Firefox, test Google Chrome or Opera.

Anyhow, I've informed the other members of the IBS staff about this, and they will most likely reply to this thread soon.

EDIT: Seems like Graeme has responded already!

Edited by alefal