Sign in to follow this  

studio work question!

Hey guys :D so i'm taking IB HL A, and since i'm into painting portraits and the like, does IB allow you to take an image off the internet (if you mentioned the source)? the picture i wanna recreate is a photograph of Eddie vedder, and i wanna zoom into one area of the piece and then recreate that on a huge canvas, and i'll used another technique to paint the picture to give it another value. So can anyone help me with the guidelines for studio work?
Like the do's and don'ts?

I don't think it should be a problem. I'm not sure, but I guess IB is okay with things till you acknowledge the source. (Yeah, that doesn't mean you copy the whole thing but yes you get the point.) :D

You are allowed to work from an image or a photograph. I suggest you run it by your teacher first, but it is a valid project. They prefer if you work from a real life subject, but it should be acceptable. Happy painting!