Cancelling Residence Permit & Visa - The Netherlands

wireman

I was waiting for one of my offers to become unconditional on UCAS, after which I would cancel and halt my Visa & Residence Permit application in The Netherlands (I also applied to a university in The Netherlands). Surprisingly, my application got cleared today, much before August 8 (the approximate date I'd get the Visa, according to the university), and I can go and collect my Visa.

Since I really want to study in the UK and the uni in The Netherlands was just a backup option, is there any way I can cancel my Visa and Residence Permit? This is important since I transferred 10,200 Euros to the uni as proof of solvency (a prerequisite for the Visa application) which I would need.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh you really need to speak to the University and the governing body that deals with that. I don't think anyone on here would be able to advise you on that. That being said someone may have been in a similar situation, but I doubt it.

Have you been able to resolve this since you last posted?