Which subject should I choose?

Ziqing Huang

I plan to take hotel management in my university, but i'm struggle with choosing subjects. i have decided to choose English HL and business and management HL, however, our school does not allow us to choose eco and bm at the same time. So, I'm thinking about science group, which one is beneficial for my specialty? In addition, how about art group....

Guest B.E.P.

English HL and Business HL seem to be good choices.

I haven't seen any requirements online when I did a quick search, so I think you should take classes that you particularly enjoy. I highly doubt taking a certain science over another science will be beneficial.

In my opinion, looking at your interest in hotel management, your choices of English HL and Business & Management HL are good choices. Although, I would suggest looking into Economics HL in place of Business & Management only because I have heard many many times that B&M is a soft subject in the eyes of universities, but I couldn't tell you why. Since your career study does not involve science, I think that it wouldn't really matter which one you chose. Just choose a subject that you know you will love. Maybe take it at the SL? For your sixth subject, if there is a group 6 subject you are interested in taking, why not? But if art, music, etc. isn't your forte, I would look into taking Psychology or Information Technology in a Global Society (ITGS) if your school offers those subjects. They would be helpful in the business world and are relevant to your career interest.

Quick note: Since you are interested in entering the business field, math is something that is important. I would recommend that you take at least SL or HL, depending on your math skills, although Math Studies SL could also work if that is where your level of math resides.

Good luck! (Y)

In my opinion, looking at your interest in hotel management, your choices of English HL and Business & Management HL are good choices. Although, I would suggest looking into Economics HL in place of Business & Management only because I have heard many many times that B&M is a soft subject in the eyes of universities, but I couldn't tell you why. Since your career study does not involve science, I think that it wouldn't really matter which one you chose. Just choose a subject that you know you will love. Maybe take it at the SL? For your sixth subject, if there is a group 6 subject you are interested in taking, why not? But if art, music, etc. isn't your forte, I would look into taking Psychology or Information Technology in a Global Society (ITGS) if your school offers those subjects. They would be helpful in the business world and are relevant to your career interest.

Quick note: Since you are interested in entering the business field, math is something that is important. I would recommend that you take at least SL or HL, depending on your math skills, although Math Studies SL could also work if that is where your level of math resides.

Good luck! (Y)

English HL and Business HL seem to be good choices.

I haven't seen any requirements online when I did a quick search, so I think you should take classes that you particularly enjoy. I highly doubt taking a certain science over another science will be beneficial.

1 2 3 4 5 6 English

Literature HL

Chinese B HL Economics HL Biology HL Mathematics HL Music HL

English

Literature SL

Chinese B SL Economics SL Biology SL Mathematics SL Music SL Chinese

Literature HL

French B HL Business & Management HL Chemistry HL Mathematical Studies SL Visual Arts HL Chinese

Literature SL

French B SL Business & Management SL Chemistry SL Visual Arts SL Vietnamese

Literature SL*

Spanish B HL History HL Physics HL Theatre HL English Language

& Literature HL

Spanish B SL History SL Physics SL Theatre SL English Language

& Literature SL

English B HL Geography HL Sports, Exercise & Health Science SL or another

Group 3 Subject

Chinese Language & Literature HL Hindi B HL Geography SL or another

Group 4 Subject

Chinese Language & Literature SL Hindi B SL Psychology SL* School Supported Self Study SL Japanese B HL World Religions SL Japanese B SL Malay B SL

This is the subjects that my school provides, can u give me some suggestions?

I think it wouldn't be a bad idea for you to take another two languages based on what you want to study in college.

For your math subject, you should check a few of the colleges that you are planning on applying since there are many schools that do not accept math studies, but instead they want to see at least math SL.

And for your science subject, you should take one that really interests you or that you are good at since you won't really need it for college but it will still affect the overall points that you get for the diploma, so you should consider a subject that is in your favor (I'm guessing you will take it in SL?)

Oh and I think that Business and Management HL is good choice. Although I am not quite sure about what Cameron says, I think that economics is not so related to your major/field of study. But of course, you should always research in the college websites to check the requirements and what they prefer :D