EE Help- Several topics/ Bio/ Econ

Dr. James Rustles

Topic 1:

Biology/ Topic: What role does Alternative/Complementary Medicine play in cancer treatment?

I made a mistake, I chose a topic before reading the EE guide. I understood that group 4 subject EEs have to be an experiment, and it's difficult to have an experiment suitable for my topic

Topic 2:

Studying the PED for musical instruments in my hometown/ Monopolistic Firms that sell musical instruments

Topic 3:

The effect of caffeine on rodents

I know the topics aren't formulated into questions but you get the point. I might also do something for English if it's a safer choice.

Here are my subjects if that's helpful: Chemistry HL, Biology HL, Arabic B HL, English A (lang & lit) SL, Economics SL, Maths SL

My school discouraged doing an EE in Arabic B because language B EEs are often downgraded. I was hoping to write something that will help me when applying to Uni, something to do with medicine so if you have any thoughts that'd be great.

Thanks

Not sure you can do caffeine on rodents - the IB isn't a fan of using animals, they have a load of animal welfare stuff which might be a pain. Where do you want to apply for University? Doing an EE related to Medicine (if applying to the UK) is not necessary at all and will neither help nor hinder your application. I suggest going for whatever is going to get you the best EE grade rather than trying to twist it into something medical. Pick the subject you're best at/find most interesting and go from there, is my advice. The University admissions people will see a predicted A for your EE and honestly don't give a monkey's about what the actual topic was.

If you like English and feel it's a safe one you can do well in, I'd do an English EE. Unless you have a moment of genius and come up with a great and feasible Biology experiment :P English EEs tend to score quite highly anyway.

Well I don't think unis look at what subject you did your EE in (well atleast in the US they dont..idk about other countries :S). They'll just look at the subject you've taken. Anyways, I like your third topic, 'effect of caffeine on rodents.' I'm sure you can find a suitable experiment to do and base your results on that.

As for your first topic, it's more of a history question XD but you could probably change it to researching about a specific cell or something that has to do with cancer (i didnt take biology so my bio knowledge is quite limited :/)

if I were you I will do an EE on an 'easy' subject such as English literature where you just need to analyze book(s). EE on sciences are very challenging. Meanwhile in economics, you must conduct a primary research, which may double your time consumption. Remember, you might want to get an A for the +3!

You should definitely choose to do an EE in a subject that interests you. Otherwise, you'll be spending a bunch of time researching and writing about something that you don't care about! I'm doing an Economics EE, but I've heard that English EEs are also good as well.

Good luck!