SL Maths to study Physics in UK universities

Robotpie3000

You'll have to look up the requirements of the Universities you're interested in. Just type in "Physics undergraduate entry requirements ______" where ____ is the university. They all publish the IB scores they're looking for, including required subjects and levels. HL Maths usually is required for Physics to my very basic knowledge, but who knows maybe there are one or two where it's not a problem.

thanks for the help.

just out of curiosity, even if i did apply for a physics degree in a uk uni with sl maths, is it possible they do accept my offer? because i heard that the requirements on their website is a general of "what is appropriate", and it can change depending on the applicant.

As a rule, no. Their minimum requirements are minimum requirements. You can apply with the requirements and then fail to meet them and they might let you through anyway (e.g. they ask for a 7, which you are predicted, so they make you an offer and then you get a 6) if they have spare places. But if you apply with the wrong requirements then unless they have less candidates applying than there are places (unlikely) or a paucity of candidates who meet their minimum requirements (also unlikely) I'm afraid you wouldn't be considered.

In the UK most courses have more than enough people applying who DO meet minimum requirements. These people will be given offers over the people who fail to meet them. At the end of the day it's a competition, so you're intrinsically the least competitive by not even having the basics that they ask for.

• Like 1