Sign in to follow this  

IA

Ok I'm a complete newbie to everything. I just transferred to an international school which has an IB curriculum. I only have a three weeks left. Some courses are giving holiday assignments such as English Language and Literature. They're giving few topics to choose from and instructing us to make it into an IA.

Ok, what is an IA? It should be Internal Assessment. But what is it exactly? I honestly haven't encountered terms like this before so can someone kindly explain? The teacher hasn't replied to my email yet... and I didn't get to go to the orientation either.

:troll::dontgetit:

http://www.nsd.org/education/components/links/links.php?sectiondetailid=75479&PHPSESSID=df4d0ea1d933d0fedcfdbf8ba5bf86eb

this link should give you a very brief overview of what an IA is for every topic. It varies for every subject.

For History it's on a topic you've chosen. You need to come up with a RQ on your own based on that topic.

For the Sciences you need to refine several of the lab reports you would have done through the two years

For Maths you do an exploration. I think from this year, its on a topic you choose and research on.