Has the way you do CAS changed?

paige

I know a few people have asked this question already, but I really want a definite answer. This is my schools first year of doing the IB and they don't seem to be quite on top of things, so when I read that you no longer have to count your CAS hours but instead you have to do 15 activities over the 2 years, it didn't surprise me that this would be something that the school would get wrong.

So basically what i'm asking, is this right? Do CAS hours no longer count?

what? Well, it's a first time hearing for me.... I am going in my second year of IB and we still count the hours and have to have 1 CAS project, I believe... does this start with the May 2015 class?

maybe some schools do it differently. But I think starting with the class of 2013 the projects were counted instead of the hours.

Hey there!

Here's the thing. For your CAS to be successful, your CAS coordinator must certify that you've satisfied the requirements of the program. Therefore, you should stick to what he/she says.

That said, you will find that 150 hours are extremely easy to attain. Don't worry too much about it. 15 activities is not very much either! 1 CAS project would be good to make your CAS portfolio look great.

So I'd say do the 15 activities that your school suggested, and you will automatically get your 150 hours. Then I'm sure your coordinator will sign off on it!