UCAS requirements

alisha547

I think that they make an offer on the basis of your predicted grades, but ultimately, whether you get the offer depends on the final grade you get. You should confirm my words with other replies to this post because I don't know much about UK universities, but I think it's some along these lines.

Cheers,

Simran

You apply to five different universities through UCAS for a specific course (medicine, law, engineering, history, etc) and you'll upload your predicted grades, personal statements, anything you need to send them. If a university likes you, they will give you an offer based off your predicted grades. This might mean you just need a certain number of points, a minimum score in certain subjects, or a particular combination at your HL subjects (like a 776, a 666, 665, whatever). So yes, they make an offer partially on your predicted scores, partially on other things like your personal statement, references, work experience, etc. However, after your exams the universities need your final IB marks in order to guarantee your spot. If you don't meet your offer, you may still get in depending on the circumstances and amount of applicants applying.

The above situation only applies if you're applying before having received your final marks. If you've already gotten your scores (i.e you were a May 2013 candidate but are taking a gap year and won't go until 2014), then you just apply with your final grades.

• Like 3

You apply to five different universities through UCAS for a specific course (medicine, law, engineering, history, etc) and you'll upload your predicted grades, personal statements, anything you need to send them. If a university likes you, they will give you an offer based off your predicted grades. This might mean you just need a certain number of points, a minimum score in certain subjects, or a particular combination at your HL subjects (like a 776, a 666, 665, whatever). So yes, they make an offer partially on your predicted scores, partially on other things like your personal statement, references, work experience, etc. However, after your exams the universities need your final IB marks in order to guarantee your spot. If you don't meet your offer, you may still get in depending on the circumstances and amount of applicants applying.

The above situation only applies if you're applying before having received your final marks. If you've already gotten your scores (i.e you were a May 2013 candidate but are taking a gap year and won't go until 2014), then you just apply with your final grades.

A bit of a note. You can apply to only 4 medical/dentistry/vet courses and one other course e.g. biomedical sciences, biology etc.