Free cookies in exchange for some history IA help?

Alpaca

Hi there whoever clicked on this - thank you so much.
EDIT: This thread was previously about Rwanda, but since then I changed my idea, to talk about Marie Antoinette.

• In her trial there were a multitude of crimes that they had her up for (incest, treason, etc.) Should I perhaps analyse her guilt for one of these crimes?
  • She and King Louis failed to produce offspring for about 7 years, and there was propaganda that she was infertile when in fact it was him. Should I examine the cause of their failure to produce offspring? Or the propaganda? Or....

Which of these do you think is the most "do-able"? And if so, could someone perhaps help me focus my research question a bit more? I'm not sure how to phrase the question, particularly for the last one!

Thanks to anyone that even read this, I'm really struggling!

Love from me :blowkiss:

P.s. I'm sorry I lied about the cookies

Edited by Alpaca

No cookies? RUDE I don't want to help you anymore I hope you fail your IA.

Haha all joking aside, since this is a history IA and not an EE, you need it to be extremely narrow. I would not do both halves of your question, and just pick one instead (either why the US didn't get involved in the genocide, OR why they tried to stop the peacekeeping process). This is simply because you have maybe 600 words for your evidence and 700 words for your analysis max, so you need a really specific question in order to get a good IA score. In addition, I would do a little bit of research into possible reasons for why they didn't get involved or tried to stop the process, and evaluate them to see which was the most important reason. As a really tight question, yours should be something like "To what extent was (Factor A) the cause for the lack of U.S. involvement in the Rwandan Genocide?" or "How important was the role of (Factor B) in why the U.S. tried to stop the peacekeeping process during the Rwandan Genocide?" Something like that would give you the basis for a really tight IA question. Good luck and happy researching! :)

• Like 1

After reading your (simply awesome) advice, I have sort of decided to go back to my original plan, which is that of Marie Antoinette. There are several paths I could go down, so I was wondering should I write my question based on:

• In her trial there were a multitude of crimes that they had her up for (incest, treason, etc.) Should I perhaps analyse her guilt for one of these crimes?
  • She and King Louis failed to produce offspring for about 7 years, and there was propaganda that she was infertile when in fact it was him. Should I examine the cause of their failure to produce offspring? Or the propaganda? Or....

Those are the main two I think (sorry for completely changing the goal posts here, my bad). I just don't really know which of these would work best, or how to put them into questions. Any help much appreciated - thanks again for your great advice! :)

Edited by Alpaca

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm.. The first option seems more 'doable' though not by much.. "examine the cause of the failure to produce offspring" how on earth would you do that? Besides, surely that would be more bio than anything else! I think that in both these cases you are trying to be too narrow.. If you are interested in doing something about Marie Antoinette maybe you should focus on propaganda in general or her contribution to a particular aspect of society!