Psychology EE - Just wondering...

IBwanting2survive

So ive started working on my ee and my rough draft is due on my first day back to school. I was wondering what psych topics people have chosen. Also, I was a bit confused as to whether or not I should include my own opinions in the essay. Also, Ive looked up example essays to use as a guide in regards to citing and paraphrasing. I'm confused on how that works.. when do i use footnotes rather than intext citations, etc.. Just trying to get a feel for the process :)Thanks!

my friends chose topics such as memory and language, schizophrenia, bystanderism, PTSD... And including your opinion is generally not advised. And we used footnotes in our essays. Generally footnotes are used when you cite something exactly from another source and include it in your essay. And footnotes are generally used because they aren't included in the word count. In-text citations add to the word count

In-text citations don't add to the word count:

"The upper limit is 4,000 words for all extended essays. This upper limit includes the introduction, the body, the conclusion and any quotations, but does not include: citations/references (whether parenthetical or numbered) • footnotes or endnotes • the bibliography"

(and other stuff as well, that's taken directly from the syllabus)