Are you Excited or Scared for Next year (Class of 2015)

FaisalH

I am more excited than I am scared. My school is among the top IB schools in my state, so I am pretty confident with our set of well qualified teachers. However, I am scared because of the pressure that I put on myself to be the best student that I can possibly be. Veterans of the IB have told me that procrastination was what brought them down and knowing that I am Queen of it, I cannot help the fact that I am worried.

I'm about to go into my second year of IB and thought I should give you guys some advice - work hard, but not TOO hard. Make the most of it because trust me, it gets a whole lot more hellish :)

can you share some of your experiences with us ? What subjects do you take ? Was the beginnig hard ?

Thank you soooo much :)

One advice.

Make schedules for everything and always think the deadlines you set for yourself are REALLY deadlines that you cannot neglect.

Besides that, start your projects as soon as possible.

And oh, read lots literature novels, ask your teachers for the ones which are useful for you and finish 'em as soon as possible.

I'm about to go into my second year of IB and thought I should give you guys some advice - work hard, but not TOO hard. Make the most of it because trust me, it gets a whole lot more hellish :)

can you share some of your experiences with us ? What subjects do you take ? Was the beginnig hard ?

Thank you soooo much :)

Hey, yeah. I take English H, Psychology H, Art H, Maths Studies, German S and Biology S. I found that the most difficult thing about first year was coursework, make sure you pester your teachers to make sure you get your coursework done early on in the year so that you are not stuck with three or four deadlines ON THE SAME DAY! This happened to me on the very last week before the summer holidays, and it was awful. Also I would start thinking about Extended Essay topics as soon as you can and start to get some ideas together so that you are not stuck doing it all over the summer, like me! :) I wish you guys the best of luck, and hope I helped :)

I'm really excited :D I'm a bit worried about HL geography because I don't know any capitals LOL but I'm sure it'll be ok. Good luck everyone ^_^ we gonna maaaaake it

LOL i'll have you know AWB, HL Geography Paper 3 was hard :( I only got a 4 (must have only used 2 colours to colour in my maps instead of 3)

I'm really excited :D I'm a bit worried about HL geography because I don't know any capitals LOL but I'm sure it'll be ok. Good luck everyone ^_^ we gonna maaaaake it

LOL i'll have you know AWB, HL Geography Paper 3 was hard :( I only got a 4 (must have only used 2 colours to colour in my maps instead of 3)

I had to use three colors? Why didn't I know this back in the exam, now my 2 makes sense to me. I thought the capital of the UK was Mexico City and I colored it with only one color :bawling:

EXCITED TO DEATH! hahaI can't sleep, I want to go to school.[/quote

Me too :) when are you starting ? And does anybody can recommend some Ib essentials ?

I start on the 21st of August! Finally, after two years of pre-IB (had to re-do the year due to sickness and poor math grades, gah!)

What about you? :)

I had to use three colors? Why didn't I know this back in the exam, now my 2 makes sense to me. I thought the capital of the UK was Mexico City and I colored it with only one color :bawling:

Damn it Emmi! You clearly didn't use the Atlas they give you during the exams :/ it makes it sooooo much easier to get the capital cities questions!