Biology EE focused on plants

Nishy.LS

Hi =)
I'm about to start on my biology EE and I've been researching a suitable question/topic to do it on. My supervisor has suggested I do it based on plants, and I'm following it seeing a safer path. What I have come up with is something like "The effect of common fertilizer vs organic fertilizer" or "The effect of leaf vs root application of water". Can anyone tell me if it sounds too common or if it is better to change it slightly?

Edited by Nishy.LS

Hi =)
I'm about to start on my biology EE and I've been researching a suitable question/topic to do it on. My supervisor has suggested I do it based on plants, and I'm following it seeing a safer path. What I have come up with is something like "The effect of common fertilizer vs organic fertilizer" or "The effect of leaf vs root application of water". Can anyone tell me if it sounds too common or if it is better to change it slightly?

Hi I did my EE in biology on effect of organic fertilizern on plants and it turned out to be an A grade. So, I hope my advice will help you.

You are on the right track so far but your topics are too superficial at the moment, in other words, your topics are too vague. Your topic should convey 'what your EE is about" in '~detail~', to be more specific you need to indicate what kind of commecial fertilizer you will use, and similarly you should mention what type of organic fertilizer will be used. Also, your EE topic should be in a correct format in order to earn 2/2 marks. A good topic must include both dependent and independent variables in it. Your topic, however, only includes independent variable which is "effect of commercial fertilizer and effect of organic fertilizer". Here, you need to add a dependent variable (dependent variable is a variable that is dependent on independent variable or is effected by your independent variable) in your topic. So, you will have to consider about what will be effected by your independent variable (different types of fertilizer). I would suggest "growth of plants" as your dependent variable, again, you should make it more specific by mentioning what type of plant will specifically be used. For example: growth of 'clovers'. By now you should get a general idea of what dependent and independent variables are. You should now combine your independent variable and dependent variable to create your topic. Let's say your independetant variable is "types of fertilizer applied to plants" and your dependent variable is "growth of plants (clovers)" --> here you probably should explore/mention how you will measure growth of plants, for example: you can measure changes in mass. My example of your topic is "To investigate the effect of different types fertilizers on growth rate of (plant specie name) measured by changes in mass". *Only use this example to get an idea, DO NOT USE IT AS YOUR TOPIC because you will only do well and will be passionate with it if you have a topic that interested/ interests/ will interest you. Therefore, you should find and create a topic that is interesting to you!

If you have more questions or need help, you can add me on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/#!/el.lee.71 because I hardly visit this web-site. I hope my advice was helpful and wish you a best luck with your EE!

Edited by LeehyunTiger
  • Like 1

• 7 years later...
On 7/31/2013 at 1:39 PM, LeehyunTiger said:

Hi 😃

Hi I did my EE in biology on effect of organic fertilizern on plants and it turned out to be an A grade. So, I hope my advice will help you.

You are on the right track so far but your topics are too superficial at the moment, in other words, your topics are too vague. Your topic should convey 'what your EE is about" in '~detail~', to be more specific you need to indicate what kind of commecial fertilizer you will use, and similarly you should mention what type of organic fertilizer will be used. Also, your EE topic should be in a correct format in order to earn 2/2 marks. A good topic must include both dependent and independent variables in it. Your topic, however, only includes independent variable which is "effect of commercial fertilizer and effect of organic fertilizer". Here, you need to add a dependent variable (dependent variable is a variable that is dependent on independent variable or is effected by your independent variable) in your topic. So, you will have to consider about what will be effected by your independent variable (different types of fertilizer). I would suggest "growth of plants" as your dependent variable, again, you should make it more specific by mentioning what type of plant will specifically be used. For example: growth of 'clovers'. By now you should get a general idea of what dependent and independent variables are. You should now combine your independent variable and dependent variable to create your topic. Let's say your independetant variable is "types of fertilizer applied to plants" and your dependent variable is "growth of plants (clovers)" --> here you probably should explore/mention how you will measure growth of plants, for example: you can measure changes in mass. My example of your topic is "To investigate the effect of different types fertilizers on growth rate of (plant specie name) measured by changes in mass". *Only use this example to get an idea, DO NOT USE IT AS YOUR TOPIC because you will only do well and will be passionate with it if you have a topic that interested/ interests/ will interest you. Therefore, you should find and create a topic that is interesting to you!

If you have more questions or need help, you can add me on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/#!/el.lee.71 because I hardly visit this web-site. I hope my advice was helpful and wish you a best luck with your EE!

Hi, I was also planning to do a biology EE concerning fertilisers and plant growth, but I am still a bit lost about this topic, could I possibly gets some guidelines(?) that you followed??